× Members

second ESA medical

• KateR
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72241 by KateR
second ESA medical was created by KateR
I can't find an answer on the site so am posting this.
I have been in the support group for 10 months following successful tribunal in March '11. I had to fill in another ESA questionnaire in July and now have been called to another medical. Why is this? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #72242 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:second ESA medical
Hi Kate, unfortunately, under the new ESA regulations, claimants are being reassessed quite frequently.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having to do another medical assessment so soon after winning your tribunal.

Best wishes,
Rachel

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago #72243 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:second ESA medical
KateR wrote:

I can't find an answer on the site so am posting this.
I have been in the support group for 10 months following successful tribunal in March '11. I had to fill in another ESA questionnaire in July and now have been called to another medical. Why is this? :(

Hi KateR

Welcome to B&W.

It happens to some claimants that they are more regularly assessed to see if they are in the right group presumably.

Regards

Michael

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago #72245 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:second ESA medical
Kate

There's no reason why you shouldn't include a copy of the March tribunal decision with your new ESA form and point this out. Keep a copy of anything you send in and if on a seperate sheet include your NI number & name.

Regards

Michael

More
12 years 5 months ago #72251 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:second ESA medical
im currently appealing to be moved from wrag to the support group.

to be honest i see no reason to continue with the tribunal, if after winning (if i so win) im to be re-assessed again so quickly.

i thought the benefit of being in the support group was you were deemed not fit for work-related activity & may not recover &were left alone for longer than in Wrag because claiments in wrag were deemed to recover qucker & be able to return to work in the shorter term?!

why put myself thro the hassle of tribunal if two months after winning im to be re-assesed again such as KateR.

I really feel for you Kate

Martin

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #72254 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:second ESA medical
Hi Martin, I guess there are cases where someone has qualified for the Support group due to an accident or illness that can be recovered from.

Or, the government are just trying to exhaust people out of complaining and appealing!

Best wishes,
Rachel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.