× Members

Quick sanity check needed ESA50

More
12 years 6 months ago #72375 by BrianSkye
Quick sanity check needed ESA50 was created by BrianSkye
Last week I sent off my ESA50 which is part of my move from IB to ESA after 8 years on IB. I downloaded and filled in the online PDF version of the ESA50 but when it came to sending it back I found that, printed single sided on A4, it did not fit in the envelope provided.

On the pdf version of the form it says that it should be *EITHER* returned in the envelope provided *OR* sent to the address at the top of the letter that came with the original form.

Accordingly I have sent it to the address at the top of the letter but this is different from the one on the enclosed envelope. I now have an attack of anxiety as to whether I have done the right thing. Both addresses were in Edinburgh. I sent it recorded delivery but am now scared that it will not get where it is supposed to be and my claim will fail.

Should I phone them up and check to see if they got the form or will I be stirring up a hornets nest? I'm already frightened enough that I will lose my benefit :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #72385 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: Quick sanity check needed ESA50
i dont see any harm in calling them & double checking.

martin

• paula
12 years 6 months ago #72404 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:Quick sanity check needed ESA50
Hi my friend sent her form back last week, and what she did wass sellotape the envelope that was enclosed with her questionnaire on to a white a4 envelope, back to atos. When we posted it recorded delivery royal mail accpeted it no problem and said a lot of people do that. It actually went towards the cost of her postage. I posted a thread about that last week under a helpful tip. The envelope they provide is silly time you get extra pages of a4 nothing fits, i think to discourage us. So a pain though it is, an a4 envelope, selloptape the smaller one, helps with postage. You got proof of posting from the post office when you posted your form, hopefully, keep that, see what happens. What my friend did too was photocopy the proof of posting slip and sent that with a copy of her questionnaire, supporting evidence to the decision maker at the benefits office that sent the original letter that sent the letter saying the benefits were changing. Hope that helps anyone going through all this, may help towards posting costs.

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #72409 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Quick sanity check needed ESA50
Hi Brian, I should keep the receipt for recorded delivery, along with the letter with the address on to which you sent your form, somewhere safe.

Have you tracked your form on the Post Office website?

If it puts your mind at rest, I would phone to see if your form has been received.

It can be a few weeks wait between them receiving the form and contacting you and it would be horrible for you to suffer that doubt and stress for weeks.

Good luck and best wishes,
Rachel

• paula
12 years 6 months ago #72411 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:Quick sanity check needed ESA50
hi brian, the stress is horrible and the wait nervewracking, as said from others check on line, and maybe give them a call next week. Sure they got it, but keep hold of your proof of posting somwehere safe. At least that is your record you have sent it back in reasonable time. As mentioned here before we should not be responsible for royal mail's delivery issues when we have done everything possible to do what is asked of us. Hang in there and thinking of you. You will hear soon.

More
12 years 6 months ago #72412 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Quick sanity check needed ESA50
Paula

We added your helpful advice as an entry in our FAQs. See

ESA50 too big for the envelope

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.