× Members

Job seekers inccome support

• marijo
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #73075 by marijo
Job seekers inccome support was created by marijo
my partners made redundant and wasnt paid for past month. He got a letter to apply from a government scheme to get his back dated salary.

2 Questions:
1. Do you need to apply for JSA to get this.
2. Does applying for JSA mean you apply for income support as online form says we could be entitled. I dont want to go down this route as previous experience it very upsetting, intrusive and a waste of time. Can you apply for just JSA contribution based?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73084 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Job seekers inccome support
marijo wrote:

my partners made redundant and wasnt paid for past month. He got a letter to apply from a government scheme to get his back dated salary.

2 Questions:
1. Do you need to apply for JSA to get this.
2. Does applying for JSA mean you apply for income support as online form says we could be entitled. I dont want to go down this route as previous experience it very upsetting, intrusive and a waste of time. Can you apply for just JSA contribution based?

thanks

I am sorry but JSA is not one of the benefits that B&W can provide support with.

Are best advice would be for you to contact your local CAB or Welfare Rights office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris