× Members

GP supposed to be contacted before ESA decision?

More
12 years 4 months ago #73165 by Bendybody
Hi folks,

My friend has just had her decision on migration from IB to ESA. She got a big fat 0 and they have not contacted her GP for information.

I thought they had to consider all evidence including report from GP but might have got it wrong.

It will be my turn soon for the dreaded medical so would really like to know as it will probably be the same dismissive doctor I get as we live in a remote area.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Isobel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #73168 by Gordon
Isobel

The DWP Decision Maker is not obliged to contact your doctor if they believe that there is sufficient information already available for them to make a Decision.

If they do contact your GP, then they must consider any report that they receive, but they are still entitled to decide the weight they attribute to it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 4 months ago #73169 by shrinathji
Hi Isobel,

Did your friend have to attend a medical or was she migrated based on the esa50??
Also, did she send a GPs report with her esa50??

Radhika.

More
12 years 4 months ago #73174 by Bendybody
Thanks for such quick replies, Gordon that is depressing news, mind you if the DM is anything like the ATOS doctor they wouldnt even bother looking!

Radhika, yes she had to attend a medical and no she didnt submit a doctor's report.

I am thinking I should rob a bank so I can afford to get one! Is it too late to send one after your ESA50 has been sent off?

Isobel

More
12 years 4 months ago #73176 by Gordon
No, you can still submit one, send a copy to the address you sent your ESA50, a copy to your local DWP office in case the two documents remain seperated, and take a copy to the medical if you have one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 4 months ago #73178 by Bendybody
Thanks Gordon, I will do that as having just moved back from abroad I have now got a more supportive GP (I hope)than the one in Sweden who refused to do a report for the DWP.

On a side note my IB has not appeared this month and still trying to find out why. Have been told it's been suspended someone from reassesment will call me back.( today which of course they havent)

Making me think there has been a mix up and they have lost info that I am awaiting a medical here.

Just more stress I dont really need!

Isobel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.