× Members

Being transferred from I.S. to Pensin Credit

• miki123
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73259 by miki123
I'm 60 and being urged by DWP to transfer from I.S. with disability component to Pension Credit. I can't find any info about this and don't know or understand the implications. My wife is being transferred from I.B. to ESA,so should I claim Pension Credit for a couple,or what.
I als receive DLA at the lower rate; how would Pension Credit affect this. I have a lot of concerns and I don't trust the DWP to honestly address them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #73264 by bro58
miki123 wrote:

I'm 60 and being urged by DWP to transfer from I.S. with disability component to Pension Credit. I can't find any info about this and don't know or understand the implications. My wife is being transferred from I.B. to ESA,so should I claim Pension Credit for a couple,or what.
I als receive DLA at the lower rate; how would Pension Credit affect this. I have a lot of concerns and I don't trust the DWP to honestly address them.

Hi M123,

As it would be impossible for us to gain access to all your personal/benefit details, I would strongly advise that you gain face to face advice from the CAB or similar agency, on which course of action is the best for you to take, with regard to your personal circumstances.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

bro58

• Ken
12 years 5 months ago #73265 by Ken
Hi all
I'm in a similar situation to miki123 and although I have not yet received the brown envelope, I'm obviously looking at all possibilities. Would it be possible to at least give a generalized answer to miki123 question please? at least it may give an idea as to whether it is worth pursuing this course of action.

Many thanks

Ken

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #73270 by bro58
Ken wrote:

Hi all
I'm in a similar situation to miki123 and although I have not yet received the brown envelope, I'm obviously looking at all possibilities. Would it be possible to at least give a generalized answer to miki123 question please? at least it may give an idea as to whether it is worth pursuing this course of action.

Many thanks

Ken

Sorry Ken it is not possible.

Peoples personal circumstance, benefit, savings, capital assets, etc, etc, etc, will inevitably be different.

I could be doing more harm than good by trying to advise on this.

A WRA at CAB etc, will have face to face access to all your personal details.

You could contact the BEL, anonymously see contact details hear. :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_10011165

You could try this also. :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/Do...ByCategory/DG_172666

cheers

bro58

• miki123
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73275 by miki123
I've just gone through the process of applying for Pension Credit....I HAD to as I.S. payments will end in January. It was straightforward,but I don't know if we'll be left worse off because my wife's ESA status has not been finalised yet.
My thinking is that this is is the DWP's way of getting a huge swathe of people off the the jobless total & avoiding pointless medicals and appeals;perhaps it'll also be a way of cutting benefits by the back door. Who knows.....what's going to happen with the intro. of Universal Credit and PIP. It's ALL disconcerting,and with a Minister like I.D.S.,anything & everything is possible.
It also looks likely that the link between benefits and inflation is to be scrapped.
Where next?....tent cities a la America?

More
12 years 5 months ago #73281 by SusanH
Miki123 & Ken

I don’t know if this is helpful or not. But have a look at the following.

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretireme...sionCredit/DG_180167

Scroll down about a third of the page and click on the red highlighted “Use The Pension Credit Calculator”

Susan

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.