× Members

ESA Meets the Threshold

More
12 years 5 months ago #73488 by greeneyedlad
ESA Meets the Threshold was created by greeneyedlad
i would love to hear from anyone in the same position as myself.

appealing esa wrag group without a medical & told i was not point scored but simply "met the threshold" stated on esa56

how did you argue your case at tribunal if you didnt know what points you scored & for what descriptors?
how did the judge explain this "meets the threshold" when i was under the impression you had to either;

1)exempt
2)score 15 points or more on esa50
3)exceptional conditions applied

would be great to hear from anyone who can explain it.

many thanks

martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73507 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re: ESA Meets the Threshold
Hi Martin,

As i stated earlier, put the same questions to the DM, but in writting!!! and ask he/she to clarify their decission. Personally i woukd also CC my request to the dm's Manager!!!

Lets not forget that DWP also has a duty to supply any info that relates to our claims.

Radhika.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73510 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: ESA Meets the Threshold
yes radhika your right but as mark & gordon said on another thread i think i shouldnt be so concerned with how i got my wrag award, but more so i should be asking the dm how i didnt qualify for support group.

thanks

martin

More
12 years 5 months ago #73511 by shrinathji
Exactly,

Remember, they have to explain to you as to how not only did they come to WRAG decision but also why you did not get put into WRAG!!!

Good luck. Get the ball rolling, no time like the present!!!!

Radhika.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73512 by shrinathji
Sorry i meant why you did not get into Support Group,
Nevertheless, Good Luck.

Radhika.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73514 by shrinathji
Also, Martin whilst you are waiting for DWP info, it might be worth you thoroughly going through all the support group descriptors and see which of them applies to you, so you can start building up your case for tribunal and gaining the necessary info from GP etc, as this will also take time!!!

Radhika.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.