× Members

Brown envelope arrived!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #73946 by smc
Brown envelope arrived!!! was created by smc
Well finally five and half weeks after my medical the brown envelope dropped onto my doormat this morning.

I am being transferred from IB to ESA. I have been put into WRAG which I expected, I really didn't think I'd be put in SG.

Thank you to everyone on here, the support is tremendous!

I did have to laugh, the leaflet inside my letter was about disagreeing with a JSA decision not ESA!! :silly:

BTW, I want to ask for copies of relevant documents, is it a copy of medical report and decision makers decision I should request? Anything else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bro58
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #73963 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Brown envelope arrived!!!
smc wrote:

Well finally five and half weeks after my medical the brown envelope dropped onto my doormat this morning.

I am being transferred from IB to ESA. I have been put into WRAG which I expected, I really didn't think I'd be put in SG.

Thank you to everyone on here, the support is tremendous!

I did have to laugh, the leaflet inside my letter was about disagreeing with a JSA decision not ESA!! :silly:

BTW, I want to ask for copies of relevant documents, is it a copy of medical report and decision makers decision I should request? Anything else?


Hi smc,

You should request copy of your ESA85 medical report, and any associated documentation used in your ESA WCA, and in coming to the decision of your ESA WRAG award.

You should make this request in writing, (keep copy) to the Decision Maker, IB Reassessment Team, at the address on the top of the WRAG award letter that you have received.

It may be advisable to post your request by recorded delivery.

You could also make request over the phone, as a back up, however I would not rely on a phone request alone.

As you may have read many members are having problems obtaining their reports.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #74005 by smc
Replied by smc on topic Re:Brown envelope arrived!!!
I wasn't sure if my thread had made it onto the forum as it went down as I was trying on Friday!

Anyway thank you bro for your reply, I just wanted to double check the name of the report, knew it was ESA something with a number!!! I will indeed request it in writing, I don't trust phone calls either!!!

I am so relieved to finally know the result of mine and I truly hope everyone else waiting and going through this process is coping as well as possible and it gets settled for you soon.

Again thank you for this website and forum, it truly is wonderful support, it is money well spent!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #74029 by elljay
Replied by elljay on topic Re:Brown envelope arrived!!!
Do think carefully about requesting the copies, I did and they re-assessed me and I lost everything !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #74092 by smc
Replied by smc on topic Re:Brown envelope arrived!!!
elljay wrote:

Do think carefully about requesting the copies, I did and they re-assessed me and I lost everything !


But they have only just give me result of assessment for transfer to ESA, surely they are not likely to reassess me 6 weeks after they have just done so??? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bro58
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #74094 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Brown envelope arrived!!!
smc wrote:

elljay wrote:

Do think carefully about requesting the copies, I did and they re-assessed me and I lost everything !


But they have only just give me result of assessment for transfer to ESA, surely they are not likely to reassess me 6 weeks after they have just done so??? :unsure:


Hi SMC,

They should not re-assess you if you are simply requesting the documentation used in connection with your award.

They should only re-assess you if you request an appeal/reconsideration, or under a review if your circumstances have changed, or if they become aware of a change in your circumstances, or the period of your award is coming to an end, and you need to be re-assessed under a new ESA WCA.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.