× Members

do people with mental illness get in SG

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #75746 by mike1983
Replied by mike1983 on topic Re:do people with mental illness get in SG
i dnt take medcine for my ilnesses as i cant afford them medcine prices have gone up to buy them and i dnt have alot of money i can only just survive with what i have now let alone spending money on pills so i have no medication evidence as i dnt have no medication so il probably not get in the support group just for that, but its not my fault i cant afford to pay the chemists rediculous prices i find it hard to believe that on jobseekers u get meds free but on disability benefit you do not unless really really severe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #75747 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:do people with mental illness get in SG
Mike

It has nothing to do with whether you are receiving a disability benefit or not, it is based on whether you are receiving an Income Related benefit or a Contributary Based one.

IB is the latter as is ESA(CB) and JSA(CB), however, IS, ESA(IR) and JSA(IR) are the former.

Even if you are receiving a Contributary Based benefit, you can reduce the cost of medecines by purchasing a Prescription Pre-Payment certificate.

See www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1127.aspx

You may also qualify for am HC1 Low income certificate.

See www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...rinjured/DG_10018978

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris