× Members

DLA renewal and compulsory medical???

More
12 years 4 months ago #77839 by lyndeperlaky
DLA renewal and compulsory medical??? was created by lyndeperlaky
My dla runs out in four months so I will be calling for a renewal pack this month as havent received one as I usually do in december. Can anyone tell me are medicals compulsory for dla renewals now or is it just luck of the draw. I thought i read somewhere that everyone has to have one now. If so does this affect how long they take to make a decision?? Happy new year to everyone on the forum :cheer: x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #77853 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:DLA renewal and compulsory medical???
miss world wrote:

My dla runs out in four months so I will be calling for a renewal pack this month as havent received one as I usually do in december. Can anyone tell me are medicals compulsory for dla renewals now or is it just luck of the draw. I thought i read somewhere that everyone has to have one now. If so does this affect how long they take to make a decision?? Happy new year to everyone on the forum :cheer: x

Hi Miss Worls

Thank you for your New Year wishes.

Most people do seem to have a medical when claiming DLA these days, however others don't!

Completing a proper claim form explaining precisely the help you need from someone else, may negate this, but who knows!

Please have a look at the B&W guides to claiming DLA -

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

Also -

When should I send my renewal form back?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by michaelg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris