× Members

How soon do you get called for wfi?

More
12 years 3 months ago #78293 by mangof
How soon do you get called for wfi? was created by mangof
On average. Is it supposed to be in a month?

I am dreading getting a letter about this. Notification letter about WRAG dated 22 Dec.

I have read the FAQ about the rules attending when you are appealing.

My appeal won't be going in til 19th Jan when I see a CAB adviser. I can't contact the adviser before then as they are on holiday.

I have seen from people's comments on the forum that the wfi person's response to your position as someone appealing can vary - including someone being told they can wait to see the results of the appeal before they have to have one but I that might be unusual.

I really want my mental health professional to attend the wfi with me if there has to be one but am worried the dwp person won't let me arrange a time when I can be accompanied.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:How soon do you get called for wfi?
displayname

Whilst there are no statistics on the topic, my impression is that the majority of claimants should expect to be called for a WFI within 4-6 weeks of qualifying for the WRAG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #78295 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic Re:How soon do you get called for wfi?
Thanks. I hope I get called after my appeal has gone in so I can tell them it's in. Xmas week might be on my side here.

Do you know an average of when people get the 'subject access request for information' back at all? In the appeals guide it says it has to be sent within 40days but wondered if comes through sooner usually?

More
12 years 3 months ago #78296 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:How soon do you get called for wfi?
displayname wrote:

Do you know an average of when people get the 'subject access request for information' back at all? In the appeals guide it says it has to be sent within 40days but wondered if comes through sooner usually?

Again there are no statistics for this, my impression is that most requests are answered well within the required timescales.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #78297 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic Re:How soon do you get called for wfi?
Thanks again.

• quietlightning
12 years 3 months ago #78347 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:How soon do you get called for wfi?
I received notification that I was placed on WRAG 29th Dec 2011 and my WFI is on 12th Jan 2012 !!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.