× Members

Success !

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78342 by quietlightning
Success ! was created by quietlightning
I have been waiting for a court date since August. I approached My local M.P where he agreed to help me, he put me in touch with a Disability Rights Officer from my local CAB. She wrote to the Tribunal Services with copies of my Consultants Letters highlighting where points had not been awarded to me. Today I can say that my appeal was heard by The Tribunal Services without my attendance and have decided that I am entitled to ESA. I have been put on the Work Related Activity Group, I do believe I should be on the Support Group but to be honest I have not got the energy and mental stability to go through another appeal again .

I must thank this group and Forum for the help and support I got, the information was a great help, without you I would not have been able to deal with it, also the support of my local MP was of great benefit , my Consultants were a great support too and last but not least My Disabilty Rights Officer was amazing. I have already received my arrears from DWP.
To all that are going through such a hard time I say don't give up, even though its a dark tunnel there is always a light at the end of it, Chin up.

Thanks again to all

Quietlightning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #78350 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Success !
Congratulations, seems like today is the day for successful claims.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78354 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:Success !
Thank you Gordon :cheer:
A BIG BIG thank you to all the Moderators in this forum for their valuable advice.

• Mike
12 years 3 months ago #78363 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re:Success !
Hi qietlightning,
Dont let your guard down yet.
I was put into wrag on dec 2nd after appealing zero points and have just recieved another ESA50 to fill in.
My doctor say's he has 6-8 patients a day that come with ESA50's to ask for help with it and he is one of eleven doctors at the surgery.
So there is no let up in the constant stress heaped onto us in the hope we crack under the stess of it all.
So to all of you whom scored zero points get the medical report and the statment of reason and go through it with a fine tooth comb.
Pick every word and cross reference it with the other report and you will be suprised at the blatant miss information on each, use this as your basis for the appeal ie: you state that i can walk 200 mtrs but in the statment of reason you state that i CANNOT reasonably walk 20 mtrs, i did it and was put straight into the wrag.

Thanks to info on here i did not give up and dont intend to for the the next bout in the ring with Atos.
Mike

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78366 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:Success !
Hi Mike, did you attend a WFI before you were sent ESA50 ? I thought that you usually go for another medical a year after the first one, thanks for your advice and be on my guard.

Quietlightning

• Mike
12 years 3 months ago #78373 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re:Success !
Hi, no i did not, i was sent the Esa50 on, jan 5th, but a few days earlier, jan 3rd, i attended a interview at the Jobcenter to arrange another interview at the WFI which is at the end of january so i can only assume that the jobcenter interview tripped a switch in some computer that then sent me the ESA50, OR, my Fit note is up for renewal in feb and that tripped the switch at HQ, i dont know and i would hazard a guess that DWP and Atos dont know either.
Dog ony knows what will happen when i have to break the news to them that my health has deteriorated since the first Atos medical, should be amusing to say the least and it seems that from my experience you can be dragged kicking and screaming to a retrial at any time.
If i have any more info i will post it here as it happens.
thanks
Mike

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.