× Members

maximum backclaim

More
12 years 4 months ago #79033 by maffness
maximum backclaim was created by maffness
I was wondering what the maximum backclaim is under DLA as ive been ill for 17 years,but never claimed DLA because i didnt have doctor support or diagnostic support and had my self belief crushed,but i have a neurologist appointment in march which may show up hard evidence,and it was recommended 16 years ago that i should see a neurologist but i only uncovered that when i applied for my medical records,for an incapacity benefit appeal that i won.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79062 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:maximum backclaim
maffness wrote:

I was wondering what the maximum backclaim is under DLA as ive been ill for 17 years,but never claimed DLA because i didnt have doctor support or diagnostic support and had my self belief crushed,but i have a neurologist appointment in march which may show up hard evidence,and it was recommended 16 years ago that i should see a neurologist but i only uncovered that when i applied for my medical records,for an incapacity benefit appeal that i won.

HiM,

The DWP will pay you DLA from the date of your claim, if you receive an award after assessment.

This is why it is important to submit a claim form ASAP.

Please see :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...edpeople/DG_10018702

And :

Where to get advice?

There is a section on DLA in our FAQ's, here :

FAQ’s

You can access our DLA Claims Guides from here :

DLA Guides

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris