× Members

Do We Still Get Paid When Appealing?

• Sickofit
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #79126 by Sickofit
Do We Still Get Paid When Appealing? was created by Sickofit
I believe that the Government wanted to stop people being paid while they are waiting for their appeals to be heard. Has this become law, or do we still get paid? I am currently in the contribution-based WRAG and have been told that I have to attend another ATOS medical in February, even though they have a Consultant's letter saying that I am waiting to go into hospital for a second operation on a fractured shoulder, and even though I am 63 years old and my State Pension Age is before 6th April 2014.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #79130 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Do We Still Get Paid When Appealing?
Sickofit wrote:

I believe that the Government wanted to stop people being paid while they are waiting for their appeals to be heard. Has this become law, or do we still get paid? I am currently in the contribution-based WRAG and have been told that I have to attend another ATOS medical in February, even though they have a Consultant's letter saying that I am waiting to go into hospital for a second operation on a fractured shoulder, and even though I am 63 years old and my State Pension Age is before 6th April 2014.

There have been no changes regarding a claimant being entitled to the ESA Assessment rate while appealing a Fit for Work Decision. You are entitled.

I'm afraid the 6.4.14 date is only relevant to claimants currently receiving IB, it does not relate to a claimant already receiving ESA, being re-assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris