× Members

Difference with ESA50 03/11 & Guides

• Ernie45
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #79398 by Ernie45
Difference with ESA50 03/11 & Guides was created by Ernie45
Hello, I tend to get confussed pretty quick, so any simple answer will be greatly appreciated. I had a letter 2 weeks ago from the DWP asking me to ring them about transferring me from IB to ESA. I phoned them and gave them my details (phone number etc) & they said someone would ring back within a couple of weeks to talk me through what happens. Without such phone call, I've now recieved a ESA50 03/11 medical form to complete. I'd already obtain from Benefits & Work the guide Understanding_ESA_newtest.pdf which had on page 18:- 'cannot repeatedly mobilise 50 meters within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion. 15 points'. However, on the DWP ESA50 03/11 form, there isn't that option to tick. Does that mean the B&W guide is out of date or what? I suffer from extreme fatgiue on repeating, so this lack of option would make a significant dent of my success in getting an award of points. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79410 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Difference with ESA50 03/11 & Guides
Ernie45 wrote:

Hello, I tend to get confussed pretty quick, so any simple answer will be greatly appreciated. I had a letter 2 weeks ago from the DWP asking me to ring them about transferring me from IB to ESA. I phoned them and gave them my details (phone number etc) & they said someone would ring back within a couple of weeks to talk me through what happens. Without such phone call, I've now recieved a ESA50 03/11 medical form to complete. I'd already obtain from Benefits & Work the guide Understanding_ESA_newtest.pdf which had on page 18:- 'cannot repeatedly mobilise 50 meters within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion. 15 points'. However, on the DWP ESA50 03/11 form, there isn't that option to tick. Does that mean the B&W guide is out of date or what? I suffer from extreme fatgiue on repeating, so this lack of option would make a significant dent of my success in getting an award of points. Thanks

Hi E45,

With regards to the first part of your post, the migration letter, and phone calls etc, please see :
The Transfer Process
Answering a phone call from the DWP or ATOS

With regards to the ESA50 03/11, you may wish to consider using the PDf Version, many members have and have found it much easier, see :

Use Of The Interactive PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

Our most current ESA Claims Guides (Mental and Physical health conditions)

Can be accessed from here :

ESA Guides

Please check the ESA Claims Guides from the link above, if you are still confused, please come back to the forum.

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #79424 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Difference with ESA50 03/11 & Guides
Ernie

With regard the Mobilising test, and indeeed other questions on the ESA50, there are discrepancies between the questions on the ESA50 and the ESA descriptors by which you are marked.

Our guides reflect the descriptors.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Ernie45
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #79433 by Ernie45
Replied by Ernie45 on topic Re:Difference with ESA50 03/11 & Guides
Hello both Gordon & bro, thanks for the replies. Sorry but I've been reading through the guides but its really get me exhausted now which is starting to get me even more confused. Are you saying that there is such a point scoring activity of: 'cannot repeatedly mobilise 50 meters within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion. 15 points' but the esa50 03/11 form deliberatly misses it out ? If so, what do you think they consider as repeatedly? 2, 3 times or what? Thanks again.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #79438 by bro58
Ernie45 wrote:

Hello both Gordon & bro, thanks for the replies. Sorry but I've been reading through the guides but its really get me exhausted now which is starting to get me even more confused. Are you saying that there is such a point scoring activity of: 'cannot repeatedly mobilise 50 meters within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion. 15 points' but the esa50 03/11 form deliberatly misses it out ? If so, what do you think they consider as repeatedly? 2, 3 times or what? Thanks again.

Hi E45,

Yes, they are the actual descriptors, parts of the ESA Regulations that are used to score the different tasks/activities in the ESA50.

See the actual regs here :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/1/made?view=plain

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/2/made?view=plain

See also :

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

As previously posted.

The actions should be able to be carried out, Repeatedly, Reliably, and Safely, with Reasonable Regularity, and in a reasonable amount of time, there is much conjecture over the "Reasonable" part of this.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79443 by bro58
Hi E45,

Just to add with regards to the distance that you can mobilise, and significant exhaustion, discomfort, or breathlessness.

If the onset of the above occurs say after 20 metres, but you can then manage another 40 metres, 60 metres in total.

It would only be the 20 metres that counted, as once the onset of the above occurs, any distance mobilised after that would not be counted.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.