× Members

ESA Benefit Stopped

More
12 years 3 months ago #79941 by Iris7505
ESA Benefit Stopped was created by Iris7505
Hi, -advice needed. Last friday, I `phoned ESA centre to establish if they had received my ESA appeal form. After phoning two times and going through security questions I was told that they had. What they also said was, 'by the way we have reinstated your benefit'. I said I wasn't aware that they had stopped paying it!. I have had no letter - no notification at all that this has occured.I checked my bank account and found that I received no benefit for the 23rd (yesterday). When I asked why my benefit had stopped, they said 'because of the result of your medical'. I replied that I have had no medical, but requested along with my therapist, that the medical take place at home. I was also put in the wrag group before the decision was made to stop my benefit (or so it would seem).I had no reply to this. Today I recieved a letter about the procedure with my appeal, but although I asked for the report which explains the DWP/ATOS reason (s) for their decision (putting me into the wrag group),I still haven't been sent this info. Please help. Everyday this is getting worse.
Thankyou for reading
Iris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79953 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Benefit Stopped
Hi Iris

If you were placed in the WRAG and your payments stopped, it sounds like there may have been an administration error.

If you were not given an explanation of what happened over the phone you may wish to make a formal complaint and demand an explanation.

If you are having difficulty obtaining a copy of your ESA85A you could make a subject access request for it, but you will receive a copy with the appeal papers and this may be produced sooner.

Good luck

Derek

More
12 years 3 months ago #80001 by Iris7505
Replied by Iris7505 on topic Re:ESA Benefit Stopped
Thankyou for your advice, I did not know the title of the form I should ask for. The letter does talk about the appeal letters but I would like to see what their decision was, and what it was based on before the tribunal. I'm just living on my nerves at the moment,
kind regards
Iris

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80002 by Iris7505
Sorry Derek, but please could you explain to me how to make a subject access claim? Is this in the Benefit and Work advice guides so I can find it that way?
kind regards
Iris
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Derek4. Reason: corrected my own name!

More
12 years 3 months ago #80005 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Benefit Stopped
Hi Iris

You can use the following DWP form to make a subject access request for all the documents relating to your claim (since a given date).

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

Send the form to the office dealing with your claim.

Bear in mind that it is likely to take longer than a month to receive it, so you should not delay appealing if you want to. You can always withdraw your appeal if you change your mind.

The GL24 appeal form can be found from the link below.

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

Regards

Derek

More
12 years 3 months ago #80908 by Iris7505
Hi Derek(and Bro)and Benefits and Work,

first of all i would like to thank everyone at Benefits and work. Following your advice re: DLA I have been placed in the high care group and the high mobility group. I could not believe my eyes when I read their decision this saturday. Without benefits and work and your advisers, this would not have happened. The only fly as it were in the ointment, is my ESA classification. I just can't understand the fact that I am in the wrag group (but appealing). As advised I asked for the GL24 form, and had a shock. It seems a nurse had determined that I can attend wrag interviews. The strange thing is nearly everyone I know had exactly the same letter, with the same conclusion no matter what their condition. I just wonder how on earth the government and atos concoct such an extreamly stupid process? It is beyond belief!

Thank you all, what you do is truely wonderful work xx

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.