× Members

Support Group (eventually)

More
12 years 3 months ago #79978 by Wonko
Support Group (eventually) was created by Wonko
Finally got into the support group!!

Medical in August, result 21 points (split over 3 descriptors), placed in WRAG, submitted GL24 and after reconsideration told I was still in WRAG. I've been waiting for appeals bundle since early Novemeber. This morning a letter turned up saying my money had gone up, effective 22nd Oct 2011, to include support group premium.

For anyone who's interested I have M.E. - so even with only 5 percent chance it is possible to get in to SG with M.E.

It's unlikely I would have got in without B&W's guides so thankyou.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79979 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Support Group (eventually)
Wonko wrote:

Finally got into the support group!!

Medical in August, result 21 points (split over 3 descriptors), placed in WRAG, submitted GL24 and after reconsideration told I was still in WRAG. I've been waiting for appeals bundle since early Novemeber. This morning a letter turned up saying my money had gone up, effective 22nd Oct 2011, to include support group premium.

For anyone who's interested I have M.E. - so even with only 5 percent chance it is possible to get in to SG with M.E.

It's unlikely I would have got in without B&W's guides so thankyou.

Hi W,

That's really positive news for our members. :)

Thanks for letting us know, and for your comments regarding B&W. :)

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #79985 by sandieleo
Replied by sandieleo on topic Re: Support Group (eventually)
That's brilliant news Wonko,
I too have ME and am yet too go through the ESA assessment but it is good that people are getting into the support group. Hope you can enjoy it for a long time.
Kind regards
Sue

More
12 years 3 months ago #80045 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re: Support Group (eventually)
that is great news, I have CFS and have been denied Support Group despite my GP confirming it on the DWP form they have to fill in. Have my appeal in just over 2 weeks time so fingers crossed.

Can someone tell me if I can use someone else's decision at my appeal if we have same diagnosis?

thank you, Lisa

More
12 years 3 months ago #80047 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re: Support Group (eventually)
lochlisa wrote:

that is great news, I have CFS and have been denied Support Group despite my GP confirming it on the DWP form they have to fill in. Have my appeal in just over 2 weeks time so fingers crossed.

Can someone tell me if I can use someone else's decision at my appeal if we have same diagnosis?

thank you, Lisa

You can submit whatever evidence you feel is relevant to your case.

That said, I feel it is unlikely that a Tribunal panel will assign much weight to evidence related to another claimants case.

At this risk of becoming a bore, it is not the diagnosis but the effect your conditions have on you in relation to the ESA descriptors that is being reviewed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80048 by susan5050
Replied by susan5050 on topic Re:Support Group (eventually)
Really good news,thank you for sharing your experience.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris