× Members

drs letter

More
12 years 3 months ago #80267 by capainFAIRY
drs letter was created by capainFAIRY
my health will never get better, it will never change, there are no cures, there is no respite, I am not terminally ill but have physical illnesses which are life long and unchangeable.
Will the dla take this into account if my dr writes confirming this, that it is really indefinite? its the medical opinion of the hosp etc and my dr, just hoping the dla may take notice of it.
sorry if this reads so low of me but Im not honestly, I am just fed up repeating time and time again my circumstances and so is my dr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80269 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:drs letter
capainFAIRY wrote:

my health will never get better, it will never change, there are no cures, there is no respite, I am not terminally ill but have physical illnesses which are life long and unchangeable.
Will the dla take this into account if my dr writes confirming this, that it is really indefinite? its the medical opinion of the hosp etc and my dr, just hoping the dla may take notice of it.
sorry if this reads so low of me but Im not honestly, I am just fed up repeating time and time again my circumstances and so is my dr.

Hi CF,

The DLA Decision Maker is supposed to take any medical evidence into account that he has access to, in coming to a decision on an award of DLA.

The DM can of course choose which evidence he gives priority to.

The important issue is to show that your limitations/disabilities/care needs fulfill the qualifying DLA criteria, as advised in our DLA Claims Guides, here :

DLA Guides

Any written evidence from your G.P. that helps to prove such limitations, etc, etc, can only help.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• Eddie
12 years 3 months ago #80273 by Eddie
Replied by Eddie on topic Re:drs letter
Afraid not captain, I have several myself and it doesn't take an idiot not to be able to see how I suffer, but the panel, who are also paid by the DWP STILL, gave me no award of DLA. I have been reading all the people's stories on here and come to the conclusion, it just isn't worth it. So I suppose you might say they have won, but remember, what goes round, inevitably comes back round to bite you on the bum! Fortunately I don't have the aggro of ESA like so many of you ....

• Eddie
12 years 3 months ago #80274 by Eddie
Replied by Eddie on topic Re:drs letter
Forgot I was going to say, I thought I had gotten a really good supporting letter from my Doctor, but it did no good ....

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80275 by bro58
Eddie wrote:

Afraid not captain, I have several myself and it doesn't take an idiot not to be able to see how I suffer, but the panel, who are also paid by the DWP STILL, gave me no award of DLA. I have been reading all the people's stories on here and come to the conclusion, it just isn't worth it. So I suppose you might say they have won, but remember, what goes round, inevitably comes back round to bite you on the bum! Fortunately I don't have the aggro of ESA like so many of you ....

Hi E,

As far as I am aware "DLA Panels" are totally independant of the DWP, and are part of HM Courts and Tribunals Service, which falls under the the umbrella of The Justice Dept.

So your statement about them being "paid by the DWP" is incorrect.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80277 by bro58
Eddie wrote:

Forgot I was going to say, I thought I had gotten a really good supporting letter from my Doctor, but it did no good ....

Hi E,

Each DLA or ESA claim is totally individual to the claimant, so any comparisons, such as yours, in that the Doctor's letter was no good is not really relevant.

You do have a right to voice your experiences, but I'm sure that you can understand that it is not really helpful to members who are already very worried.

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.