× Members

thebraille test for the new guidance on ESA

More
12 years 3 months ago #80782 by ShadowPony
Replied by ShadowPony on topic Re:thebraille test for the new guidance on ESA
i agree with the poster that expecting a blind person to feel along a wall to find the fire exit in braille is stupid. again, i think this whole hoo ha about sensory impairment is a symptom of a system under pressure, that knows little of disability, and even less about disabled people in the workplace. let's see what the judges have to say about the current first teer tribs and see if they can come to determinations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80804 by woodsie
Hi! All
My last word on this whether LCW or LCWRA this is taken from the update word for word.

This means a person with normal hearing ability who understands the spoken word without difficulty but has visual impairment to the extent they cannot read 16 point print nor read Braille would meet Support Group criteria in this activity.

This is the exact text; in my mind you pass LCW and LCWRA otherwise why say support group.

More
12 years 3 months ago #81104 by Terminal6
Replied by Terminal6 on topic Re:thebraille test for the new guidance on ESA
Support group awarded to me due to Q7 communication after WCA in December. I'm mostly blind. I pointed out I cannot see or find a simple message such as a fire escape notice. Alban, good luck with the lead tribunal, other blind people will be dependent on the outcome. Do us a favour and argue for support group not just 16 points. Matchsellor, I hope this gives you hope, all the best in your support group appeal. This shows how flawed ESA is. It's not enough to be blind of course, we have to demonstrate our communication and navigation problems. Sadly, the worse you are at communicating, the less chance of explaining your problems. Also it's not enough to be out of work due to your disability, according to my Mp, welfare is a lifestyle choice. Does he really think I would rather do this than a job? If only I had brushed up my braille skills, I could have been helped back into work, perhaps through the virtual fire escape

More
12 years 3 months ago #81108 by Terminal6
Replied by Terminal6 on topic Re:thebraille test for the new guidance on ESA
sorry typo. Asking Alban to argue the case for support group not just 6 points on q7. My own reading is that we would either get 15 points and support group or nil, a view that strangely the DWP now seem to hold.

More
12 years 3 months ago #81117 by woodsie
Hi! Thanks Terminal6
Yes it gives us all hope to get what makes sense from a goverment that put forward criteria that makes no sense.
In my original submisson explained in great detail the problems in finding fire escape IE:would'nt be able to find it without assistance;should have just said i cant read the sign - silly me.
ATOS /HCP had put on my notes cannot see at all with my BD8 and his comments DM probably thought i used telepathy.
Thanks again for your kind words
Matchseller.

More
12 years 2 months ago #81219 by slugsta
"In my original submisson explained in great detail the problems in finding fire escape IE:would'nt be able to find it without assistance;should have just said i cant read the sign - silly me"

I think this shows the importance of being aware of the descriptors and couching your comments in terms that match them.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.