× Members

Holiday abroad while on ESA (Conts)

More
12 years 3 months ago #80653 by choogle
Holiday abroad while on ESA (Conts) was created by choogle
I will be going to Cyprus for one week shortly and am wondering if the regulations allowing for this have been changed recently?

On previous short breaks I have advised DWP when and where I am going, as well as checking the info available via direct.gov.uk

I am on ESA (conts) after being migrated from IB last year. Am just a bit worried that the goalposts have been shifted, since there seems to be a massive push to try to get people off benefits by hook or by crook. Anybody able to put my mind at rest re: this?
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80656 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Holiday abroad while on ESA (Conts)
choogle wrote:

I will be going to Cyprus for one week shortly and am wondering if the regulations allowing for this have been changed recently?

On previous short breaks I have advised DWP when and where I am going, as well as checking the info available via direct.gov.uk

I am on ESA (conts) after being migrated from IB last year. Am just a bit worried that the goalposts have been shifted, since there seems to be a massive push to try to get people off benefits by hook or by crook. Anybody able to put my mind at rest re: this?

Hi C,

ESA rules for being away from home :

Other changes
Any changes to do with you or your partner
You must also tell us if you or your partner :

"go away from home, even if it is for a day"

bro58
  • Sickofit
12 years 3 months ago #80664 by Sickofit
Replied by Sickofit on topic Re:Holiday abroad while on ESA (Conts)
The first "medical" I had was 3 days after getting back from Greece. In the report the examiner mentioned 3 times "Arrived well-tanned after just returning from holiday in Greece". After supposedly being fit for work, I appealed. The doctor at the appeal hearing made a big issue about standing about in airports, handling luggage,getting on and off coaches,etc. Needless to say, I lost the appeal. He basically told me that if I'm fit enough to go on holiday them I'm fit enough to go back to work.
  • Sammylou
12 years 3 months ago #80667 by Sammylou
Replied by Sammylou on topic Re:Holiday abroad while on ESA (Conts)
Can anyone tell me how long from forms going in to getting a medical is please? I have a hol in june but as i have a hubby who works 12 hr shifts n two hard working boys ill be damned if we dont go away. I cant stay at home by myself either so we all get punished
  • bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80675 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Holiday abroad while on ESA (Conts)
Sammylou wrote:

Can anyone tell me how long from forms going in to getting a medical is please? I have a hol in june but as i have a hubby who works 12 hr shifts n two hard working boys ill be damned if we dont go away. I cant stay at home by myself either so we all get punished

Hi Sl,

I'm afraid that there is no definitive answer to the question.

Members have heard within a few weeks of returning their ESA50, others have waited months.

There is no "set time".

bro58
More
12 years 3 months ago #80676 by Natty68
Replied by Natty68 on topic Re:Holiday abroad while on ESA (Conts)
bro58 wrote:

"go away from home, even if it is for a day"

bro58

Yikes does this now mean if you go on holiday for a week in this country now, even though it is with your partner and they do absolutely everything i.e. driving/cooking etc.

Strewth really can't wait for my migration to ESA (note ironicy/sarcasm) as according to them I can't even have a life. As if having Bipolar and other MH issues isn't enough the DWP want to drag you down even further.
Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.