× Members

ESA review- how long?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #82276 by Karen carr
ESA review- how long? was created by Karen carr
Hi, I was transferred from IB to ESA in June last year. Thanks to the excellent advice from this website, I was put in the support group without a medical. The letter did not specify how long it would be before I was assessed again.

I was surprised to receive the same enormous form through the post this week, less than a year since the last one. Is this usual, or something I should query? I had thought they would have moved all the IB cases over, before starting again. Was I being naive?

Grateful to hear from anyone who can shed any light on this or who has had a similar experience. I have to return the form by 20th March (also faster than last time, why?)

Thanks everyone

K
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA review- how long?
FR

I'm afraid once you are on ESA, you need to expect regular re-assessments, see

How often will I be reviewed

Yes, they reduced the period for completing the ESA50 from 6 to 4 weeks at the end of last year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #82286 by Karen carr
Replied by Karen carr on topic Re:ESA review- how long?
Thanks for that Gordon, I did search the site but couldn't find the answer! Am sure I'm not the only one who finds this goalpost shifting deeply upsetting.

I guess at least it's not personal, I'll be filling these things in for a long time to come then.

Thanks again

K

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris