× Members

WRAG Group help please

More
12 years 2 months ago #82512 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:WRAG Group help please
Sorry Stephano, I misunderstood the question.

After a claimant has exceeded a year in the WRAG they will no longer be entitled to contribution-related ESA and would be subject to the means test in order to claim income-related ESA.

See also the FAQ link below.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=70444#70460

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stephano
12 years 2 months ago #82515 by stephano
Replied by stephano on topic Re:WRAG Group help please
Thanks, Derek,
just to be clear then, at no time after 365 days have elapsed, can a former esa claimant claim esa

• stephano
12 years 2 months ago #82516 by stephano
Replied by stephano on topic Re:WRAG Group help please
thanks,
and if ir esa is denied, a claimant
has no other recourse to any other benefits?

More
12 years 2 months ago #82532 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:WRAG Group help please
Hi Stephano

I must confess that I haven't been keeping up-to-date with the detail of the WRB and can't give you a definitive answer of re-qualifying conditions. Other than working again and paying NI, I'm not aware of any time lapse that allows you to reclaim CR-ESA.

Although it may be impractical for most claimants, claiming JSA would be a possibility.

Regards

Derek

More
12 years 2 months ago #82571 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:WRAG Group help please
I believe that the government proposed an amendment so that a person who has had 365 days of (C)ESA in WRAG would be able to access (C)ESA in the support group at a later stage if their condition deteriorates (as long as they have been classed as retaining limited capacity for work in the interim). I assume that this amendment would have been passed, as it was proposed by the government. However, to my knowledge, no-one actually knows how this is going to work in practice.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris