× Members

IS /DLA and pension credit migration.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #82842 by chipbutty
IS /DLA and pension credit migration. was created by chipbutty
Client currently on IS with both disability premiums. Has DLA high rate mobility and Medium care DLA.
Has just sent back an A2 form for IS. Outcome received was carry on paying IS.
Client not received any WCA forms and has previously sent many IB50/PCA forms back.

Current situation is that client is due for Pension credit in Juy this year and qualifys under rules, claim form will be sent in April (which is allowed).

Can anyone help regarding what the DWP does in this situation. Client is not of retirement age, only eligible for Pension credit under same age as woman rules.

If I have missed any info that may have been posted ,please forgive me. I am a newbie to posting..please just guide me to your excellent info.
Thanks.
Chipbutty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #82876 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:IS /DLA and pension credit migration.
As this is essentially a question as to how the receipt of Pension Credit will impact on a current award of Income Support on the grounds of disability, it is beyond the remit of the forum.

In the circumstances the office who deals with the payment of Pension Credit will have to be contacted to determine the effect it will have on the subsisting award of Income Support? Alternatively, it may be preferable to contact the Pension Service on telephone number 0800 99 1234 for further information.

See also:-

Income, Benefits and Pension Credit.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #82880 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:IS /DLA and pension credit migration.
Hi Chipbutty,

Please do not use the 'Report to Moderator' function when the forum is closed. All it does is send an e-mail to all moderators, who are officially 'off duty'. All moderators work on a voluntary basis, and all, with the exception of Steve Donnison, the site owner have chronic illness or severe disability themselves.

The forum opening hours are clearly laid down HERE

Also, I note you refer to ' Client', so presumably you are a benefits advisor, giving advice to others ?

If so, then perhaps you should be an organisational member, rather than an ordinary member .

However, if I'm mistaken please post again, and I or one of the other moderators will try to assist you, although I note Crazydiamond has already replied to your query.

Kind regards.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #82908 by chipbutty
Replied by chipbutty on topic Re:IS /DLA and pension credit migration.
Hi Jim,
Many apologies for not looking close enough to see the opening times. Apologies again for replying to a moderator. I did explain that I was a newbie to the forum.

You are mistaken,you have assumed incorrectly.

I am the client I was just trying some anonymity. I am disabled I have been an ordinary member for some years. Just good old 'Joe public' poor struggling one of many. New to posting on this forum..as I said.

I think my original posting does beg a reply. I don't accept that I should go to the "enemy" for an answer to this question. If this upsets anybody then I am sorry. I did not expect a reply like the one I got.
I expected help, as all your other members are afforded. If the question is not answerable or you don't have any information as to what happens then please just say so. Do you really think I would get any help from the DWP, if so then it would make this forum obsolete.
As far as I am concerned being a member of Benefits and Work is an honour and a privilege and if you guys didn't exist then it would be a sorry world.

I'll try again hope this is clearer,,, could you please tell me if filling in an A2 form is indicative of being not required to go through with further tests or questionnaires.

Does the fact that someone on pension credit exclude them from changeover examination or does it just make them more liable to be chosen first.?

Do you know the criteria that the DWP employs for selection for WCA or DLA assessment, if so could you point me to where I may find this information.

Thanks again.
Cheers Steve.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #82916 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:IS /DLA and pension credit migration.
Hiya,
Most the info is listed on this site and in the FAQ etc.
CAB/Welfare people are most helpful for advice too .
We are all calm and helpful.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #82922 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:IS /DLA and pension credit migration.
CHIPBUTTY

As an alternative to CDs suggestion

Where to get advice?

The A2 form is a standard form regularly issued to IS claimants to check that their circumstances have not changed, it has no relevance as to whether or when you will be assessed.

We don't deal with Pension Credits so you will need to seek assistance elsewhere, see above.

The ESA and DLA claim guides are available on the Members Only link in the orange section of the left of the page.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.