× Members

sda stopped no contributions for esa

More
12 years 1 week ago #83305 by taralulu
sda stopped no contributions for esa was created by taralulu
hi, had received sda for 10yrs, atos medical last year decided i am now ony 60% disabled despite that my problems are worse and stopped Sda i am waiting for tribunal date, advised to apply for esa but say they cannot pay me because i do not have enough contributions although i do have credits but have been told they do not count. awaiting outcome of reveiw of Dla but even if higher rate care is reinstated and backdated(automatic passport to sda) i will still have a few months break from sda. i eventually got appointment and help from CAB but they seem at a loss with this too. i am sick with worry and stress is playing havoc with me but if i don't win appeal it seems i get nothing, i have not received any benefit for over a year now and am struggling. any suggestions or advice please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #83313 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:sda stopped no contributions for esa
As you have not accrued sufficient NI contributions for contribution-based ESA, can you qualify for income-related ESA or have you been told that you do not meet the conditions of entitlement?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 week ago #83314 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re: sda stopped no contributions for esa
Being in HR DLA care and mobility does not give one or has ever provided one with automatic right to SDA. Furthermore this benefit I believe was stopped from being accessed in 1995/6 unless already on it.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83319 by taralulu
Replied by taralulu on topic Re:sda stopped no contributions for esa
i am told i do not qualify for income based esa, the system seems so unfair because there is no way i could have earnt contributions during that time, even if i win appeal those this mean i still won't be able to qualify for esa?
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 1 week ago #83321 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re: sda stopped no contributions for esa
pusscatsmum wrote:

Being in HR DLA care and mobility does not give one or has ever provided one with automatic right to SDA. Furthermore this benefit I believe was stopped from being accessed in 1995/6 unless already on it.

It was actually April 2001 when new claims for SDA were abolished.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #83323 by taralulu
Replied by taralulu on topic Re: sda stopped no contributions for esa
hi pusscatsmum i am quite certain that hr care Dla was an automatic passsport for sda
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.