Login FormClose

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC: Got my ESA decision today.

Re:Got my ESA decision today. 7 years 9 months ago #84547

So, having had a little time to celebrate, I am having second thoughts about appealing. TBH, I was so relieved to get anything without a fight that I was inclined to leave well alone!

However, I am in receipt of DLA molity at high rate on the grounds that I can only walk at all with 'severe discomfort', and I would not be able to use a wheelchair, so thjat does actually fit a support group descriptor.

I phoned today to ask for a statement of reasons and the person I spoke to encouraged me to appeal. He said that I would not risk my current award if I did so - but I believe he is mistaken in this. He also said that my prognosis is 18months and thus one of the longest he has seen for ESA. I suspect he is new to the job :laugh:

Anyway, I have done what I can for the moment and am going to give myself a few days to think things over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:Got my ESA decision today. 7 years 9 months ago #84559

• bro58
Mrs Hurtyback wrote:

So, having had a little time to celebrate, I am having second thoughts about appealing. TBH, I was so relieved to get anything without a fight that I was inclined to leave well alone!

However, I am in receipt of DLA molity at high rate on the grounds that I can only walk at all with 'severe discomfort', and I would not be able to use a wheelchair, so thjat does actually fit a support group descriptor.

I phoned today to ask for a statement of reasons and the person I spoke to encouraged me to appeal. He said that I would not risk my current award if I did so - but I believe he is mistaken in this. He also said that my prognosis is 18months and thus one of the longest he has seen for ESA. I suspect he is new to the job :laugh:

Anyway, I have done what I can for the moment and am going to give myself a few days to think things over.

Hi MHB,

On a more serious note. :)

18 months is a long award for WRAG.

Even though the member that I gave this advice to in the post on this link :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...79233&catid=10#79236

had a prognosis of "In the longer term" you may still find it of interest.

I believe the member (mermaid) appealed, and was placed in the SG on reconsideration.

bro58

Re:Got my ESA decision today. 7 years 9 months ago #84563

Thanks bro, I will have a look at it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBIS

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Form Heading