× Members

Autism/Aspergers

• DEBZF
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 days ago #85648 by DEBZF
Autism/Aspergers was created by DEBZF
Does anyone have any experience of getting ESA for this they can share? My son is on DLA hugh rate care and low rate mob indefinite although no doubt that will be looked at in the future. Will he have to attend a medical for ESA in anyones experience? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #85658 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Autism/Aspergers
DEBZF wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of getting ESA for this they can share? My son is on DLA hugh rate care and low rate mob indefinite although no doubt that will be looked at in the future. Will he have to attend a medical for ESA in anyones experience? Thanks

Hopefully some of our members will comment as weel, but we certainly know of claimants with these conditions being awarded ESA.

Whether a medical is required will depend on the quality and relevance of your sons ESA50 and any evidence submitted with it. You cannot really compare cases regarding this, as one person not being called, does not mean that another with the same condition will not be required to attend.
Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• DEBZF
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 days ago #85717 by DEBZF
Replied by DEBZF on topic Re:Autism/Aspergers
Thank you Gordon. I am very worried about this as he looks 'normal' but will ignore them and unless they have knowledge of ASD they could think he is just not co operating. He wears his I POD all the time when out. I have to speak up for him when we go to the hospital as he has a heart condition too and I can see on their face they think interfering old bat. I work for DWP so I will wear my badge and get it recorded if they make him go for a medical.

More
12 years 2 days ago #85728 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Autism/Aspergers
Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 days ago - 12 years 2 days ago #85731 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Re:Autism/Aspergers
I wish you good luck too

CV
Last edit: 12 years 2 days ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.