× Members

DLA Success

• Brightside
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #86781 by Brightside
DLA Success was created by Brightside
Thanks to your excellent DLA guidance, I have now been awarded the higher rate of mobility allowance without any need to appeal. I also kept the lower rate care element awarded previously. This was a fresh claim because I was out of time to appeal my original claim for mobility allowance. I was just too ill during the 3-month appeal window having recently completed chemotherapy and radiotherapy for advanced cervical cancer.

The detail in your DLA guidance was immensely helpful. As you recommended, I took my time and gave lots of detailed information backed up by medical evidence. It worked.

Although I was ready to go to appeal, I think any caseworker who turned me down would have been laughed out of court.

I couldn't have done it without using your guide to claiming DLA. I can't thank you enough!
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #86782 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:DLA Success
Thank you for sharing your news with us!

Whilst I am sorry to hear about your cancer, it is good to know that you will not have to face the added stress of an appeal at a time when life is already difficult enough for you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Brightside
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #86784 by Brightside
Replied by Brightside on topic Re:DLA Success
I'm just delighted that I don't have the DLA and EESA worries right now. I have to make a PIP claim in December 2014 so I'm keeping my membership up to date to stay abreast of developments.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris