× Members

Esa support group

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87875 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:Esa support group
Thanks Gordon,

Just to ensure that i have understood you correctly, when the ESA50 form is being filled, under the relevant descriptor i can state "as clearly stated by GP "that
" i qualify for S/G or a medical would be detremental to my health.

Thanks.

Radhika.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87879 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Esa support group
radhika

It's your ESA50, or at least your husband's, you are entitled to write whatever you want in it :)

If you and your husbands GP believe he meets one or more of the Support Group criteria, then you can state this on the form, the worst that the Decision Maker can do is disagree with you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87884 by shrinathji
Thanks ever so much Gordon, you have just confirmed exactly what i was thinking.
Atleast if i put things which i feel are relevant on the form and if D/M decides to ignore them, then atleast i can refer back to these if i need to appeal/ challenge a decision and would have proof that certain important things were ignored.

Radhika.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87888 by shrinathji
Just a quick thought. Gordon your reply stating that we could write whatever we wanted (don't tempt me LOL)
could i send a copy of husbands DLA mobility HRM from year 2000 to indefinate to date with the physical descriptor.
I know some members have done this, but have had recent awards, whereas husbands is quite a while back!!!

Radhika.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87889 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Esa support group
radhika

You can include whatever evidence you/he believe is relevant to his claim.

Remember, the criteria for DLA HRM are less stringent that those for the ESA Mobility test.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 9 months ago #87892 by shrinathji
Great. Copy of HRM paperwork will be supplied as supporting evidence.
However, how familiar are Atos and D/M's with medical terminology???
One of the reports i am submitting as supporting evidence states husband has cervical and lumbar spondylosis and gives a detailed account in medical terminology of the affected disks.
I needed GP to give a clear understanding of report. So am wondering how will they use it to make a decision!!!

Radhika.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.