× Members

Please help....

• confused61
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92370 by confused61
Please help.... was created by confused61
Apologies if this is not in the right place [phrase removed], I have had a telephone call from Atos despite my stating several times in the questionaire that I did not want to be contacted via telephone as I suffer with severe clinical depression, I have been give two days to contact my daughter who will have to accompany me to the medical. She works full time in a school and I did state that I would not be able to attend a medical until the October half term which is now four weeks away, I was very curtly told that that would not be possible, they opened at weekends, I am afraid I was rather rude and abrupt, I also went to pieces when I put the phone down, my daughter will be ringing them on my behalf tomorrow, this is so distressing, I have literally cried all day, can't eat etc, has anyone else experienced this??
Any comments would be very welcome, I cannot take much more of this stress, all for the princely sum of £97 per week, £31 of which is Industrial Accident Benefit as I have been assessed as 16% disabled in my right shoulder/upper arm for life following an accident at work in July 2010. Sorry for the rant, I really need some advice on how to deal with these people, they seem to be doing all they can to trip me up, with the medication I am currently taking, it wouldn't take much, I can't even remember what day it is most of the time... If anyone can help I would be most grateful, thanks in advance, Confused61
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Gordon. Reason: Text removed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92375 by cynical_optimist
Replied by cynical_optimist on topic Re:Please help....
Hi there,

I was told I couldn't rearrange my Atos medical, but then managed to rearrange it anyway - via email.

(I don't use the telephone if I can avoid it because I have a processing disorder, meaning I don't hear sound accurately - so I make stupid mistakes on the phone.)

The rearranged appointment was only 4 days after the original one - there seems to be no attempt to accommodate your needs. (I also needed to rearrange my appointment for a date when I could be accompanied).

You could try emailing them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - I found them far more accommodating by email than over the phone.

Best wishes
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92376 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Please help....
Confused

I am afraid there is little advice we can offer at this stage of your assessment.

Unfortunately if the only reason for delaying your assessment is your daughter not being available during the week, then I am afraid ATOS are entitled to book an appointment during a weekend.

You are entitled to make a complaint over their contacting over the phone when you have specifically asked them not to, but you should be aware that the apointment booking team, often book the appointments without sight of the ESA50 and therefore they may not have been aware of your request.

On a more practical note, as this is your first post you may not be aware of the information available to you, which may help your through the assessment process.

Our ESA FAQs are on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/forum-faq/esa-faq

and our ESA Guides are available on this link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Being prepared for the assessment and understanding how it will be conducted, may help to reduce your level of anxiety.

If you have any questions about the process that you need answering, please reply to this thread.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #92377 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Please help....
You are entitled to 7 days notice of the appointment, it does not sound as if you had this. You are allowed to re-arrange the appointment, but only once.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• confused61
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92381 by confused61
Replied by confused61 on topic Re:Please help....
Thank you for your reply, your kindness is much appreciated, Cheryl.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

• confused61
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92382 by confused61
Replied by confused61 on topic Re:Please help....
Thank you for that, I am feeling much calmer now I have spoken to my daughter, I will get her to go through the guides with me, what a terrible process to have to go through, at least I know that I am not alone...Cheryl.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.