× Members

GOING TO GP'S ......

More
11 years 7 months ago #92459 by Helen 47
GOING TO GP'S ...... was created by Helen 47
Hi , ihave been on incapacity for 8 yrs now , filled the new form in and sent it back to the dwp .
Yesterday i recieved a telephone call from my gp's asking me to attended a meeting about DWP filling form in about my illness .
Can anyone tell me if this is normal , its just that i have never had a meeting like this before ?? .
I no this is late as my meeting is in the next hour , but would like to here from anyone who's been to a meeting like this
Thankyou Tilly :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92460 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:GOING TO GP'S ......
TILLY T wrote:

Hi , ihave been on incapacity for 8 yrs now , filled the new form in and sent it back to the dwp .
Yesterday i recieved a telephone call from my gp's asking me to attended a meeting about DWP filling form in about my illness .
Can anyone tell me if this is normal , its just that i have never had a meeting like this before ?? .
I no this is late as my meeting is in the next hour , but would like to here from anyone who's been to a meeting like this

It's the first time I have heard of a GP doing this, but I would take it as a positive sign that your GP is acting in your best interests.

One word of warning, try not to volunteer too much information, if possible allow your GP to ask a question and then give a full answer, you need to try and avoid their writing "my patient tells me...", as this can result in the report being ignored by the DWP as it is seen as biased.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92464 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:GOING TO GP'S ......
TILLY T wrote:

Hi TT,

If this is pertaining to your migration to ESA, it will probably be an ESA113 form, see one here :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/esa113-interactive.pdf

See these Q and A's also :

www.dwp.gov.uk/healthcare-professional/f...sked-questions/#medq

&

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/medical-reports-completion.pdf

And the main "Guidance" page here :

www.dwp.gov.uk/healthcare-professional/guidance/

There may be a duplication of information on the above links.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92465 by poppy
Replied by poppy on topic Re:GOING TO GP'S ......
my gp phones me up or arranges for me to see him if he has a form to fill in regarding my esa. all positive. as i transfered from work related to support group.............

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92466 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:GOING TO GP'S ......
poppy wrote:

my gp phones me up or arranges for me to see him if he has a form to fill in regarding my esa. all positive. as i transfered from work related to support group.............

Yes P,

It can be a positive.

Most G.P.'s will not even inform their patients that they have had to fill in an ESA113, or similar factual report.

Which means that the patient is totally unaware of this until maybe they request documentation used in coming to a decision made by the DWP DM.

This is why it is advisable to discuss this scenario with ones G.P. before it happens.

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92545 by Helen 47
Replied by Helen 47 on topic Re:GOING TO GP'S ......
Hi , Many thanks to you all who have replied .
I had the meeting with the gP , and yes he did ask me about
my illness and how it affects me on a daily basis . It wasnt my usual GP i see so he asked me in to help him fill the form in . Everything went well with the meeting and i answerd everthing as well as i could .
The GP said that as far as he was aware , the next step would be for me to go for a medical , it was only people with a terminal illness that are exempt from medicals .
So ... fingers crossed the medical goes well , its awful waiting to here from the DWP .
Kind regards to you all
Tilly T :)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris