× Members

ESA application file.

• kallie
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92544 by kallie
ESA application file. was created by kallie
Prior to joining this group I recently failed ESA/Atos medical by only getting 12 points. At present I am appealing the decision. Today I received another esa application form and rang to find out why I needed to fill in a new application whilst I was in the process of an appeal. The woman on the phone told me that on my file it stated I had failed my application due to not turning up for the medical. I explained that I had turned up and was allocated 12 points and was in the appeal process as well as being accompanied by my husband the day of the medical. How do I get this information off my file as the people you talk to at the end of the phone do not seem to care.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92547 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA application file.
kallie wrote:

Prior to joining this group I recently failed ESA/Atos medical by only getting 12 points. At present I am appealing the decision. Today I received another esa application form and rang to find out why I needed to fill in a new application whilst I was in the process of an appeal. The woman on the phone told me that on my file it stated I had failed my application due to not turning up for the medical. I explained that I had turned up and was allocated 12 points and was in the appeal process as well as being accompanied by my husband the day of the medical. How do I get this information off my file as the people you talk to at the end of the phone do not seem to care.

I would start by ringing the DWP and asking to speak to a Customer Manager, as you have found out the competency of the call centre staff can be quite variable.

The CM should be able to confirm the details on your file and what procedure you need to go through to correct it, I would follow this up in writing.

If this fails you can make a complaint to the DWP. see

Complaining to the DWP

As this is information that is held about you by the DWP, it comes under the Data Protection Act, as such the DWP have a responsibility to ensure that the information is accurate, so as a last result you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92548 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA application file.
Gordon wrote:

kallie wrote:

I would start by ringing the DWP and asking to speak to a Customer Manager, as you have found out the competency of the call centre staff can be quite variable.

The CM should be able to confirm the details on your file and what procedure you need to go through to correct it, I would follow this up in writing.

If this fails you can make a complaint to the DWP. see

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

As this is information that is held about you by the DWP, it comes under the Data Protection Act, as such the DWP have a responsibility to ensure that the information is accurate, so as a last result you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Gordon

Shouldn't that be : Complaining to the DWP Gordon. :)

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92549 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA application file.
bro58 wrote:

bro58

Yes it should, thanks for the catch :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92550 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA application file.
Gordon wrote:

bro58 wrote:

bro58

Yes it should, thanks for the catch :)

Gordon

No problem G. :)

bro58

• kallie
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92552 by kallie
Replied by kallie on topic Re:ESA application file.
Thank you for the advice. I will ring DWP on Monday. I am new to this process but I have found this site so helpful in preparation for my appeal.I just hope they notice I am there as obviously I was invisible at the medical I attended.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.