× Members

Only 63 on PIP - doom day - April 2013!

More
11 years 7 months ago #94101 by georgiesmum
Only 63 on PIP - doom day - April 2013! was created by georgiesmum
I have really accepted that, in view of what I have read, that even if I were younger I wouldn't pass the new PIP assessment - not because of lack of disabilities - just the simple fact that 'they' want as many people off benefits as possible. In April 2013 I will be 14 months short of 65 - but had hoped they wouldn't get to me too quickly so that I could carry on getting the DLA for a bit longer! However, I have just read that there actually is a directive that those in my situation have already been identified and would be amongst the earliest to be contacted ( I Know what the official timetable is) So I guess they want to ensure that no-one carries getting DLA if they can stop it sooner... Never thought I would wish to be a bit older!
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 7 months ago #94104 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Only 63 on PIP - doom day - April 2013!
Rina wrote:

I have really accepted that, in view of what I have read, that even if I were younger I wouldn't pass the new PIP assessment - not because of lack of disabilities - just the simple fact that 'they' want as many people off benefits as possible. In April 2013 I will be 14 months short of 65 - but had hoped they wouldn't get to me too quickly so that I could carry on getting the DLA for a bit longer! However, I have just read that there actually is a directive that those in my situation have already been identified and would be amongst the earliest to be contacted ( I Know what the official timetable is) So I guess they want to ensure that no-one carries getting DLA if they can stop it sooner... Never thought I would wish to be a bit older!

Can I ask where you read this information, if it was not on the DWP site itself, even if someone has said that it is on the DWP site, then I would be very dubious as to its authenticity.

As far as we are aware DLA claimants will be transferred on the following basis.

- If you have a change of circumstances or your current award ends after October 2013 then you will probably be transferred to PIP.
- DLA claimants with longer or indefinite awards will be transferred from October 2013 onwards, there are no details of the criteria they will be using.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
11 years 7 months ago #94109 by georgiesmum
Replied by georgiesmum on topic Re:Only 63 on PIP - doom day - April 2013!
It was on Rightsnet.org.uk - I am trying to find the thread - with difficulty - I did crop the wording out but can't see how I can attach it here? I can send it to you direct unless I can find the exact link.
More
11 years 7 months ago #94111 by georgiesmum
Replied by georgiesmum on topic Re:Only 63 on PIP - doom day - April 2013!
I have found the link - at bottom of page

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/3559/#14998
More
11 years 7 months ago #94115 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Only 63 on PIP - doom day - April 2013!
Rina wrote:

Whilst it is perfectly possible that those who are 64 or 65 just before PIP comes in will be transferred first, you will have to forgive me if I find

"I seem to remember a directive"

not entirely convincing :)

I remember a variety of information coming out for the IB/IS/SDA transfer, that was quoted as being policy, we even relayed the information to the forum, however, 18 months into the process, it is quite clear that whilst the majority of claimants have been moved according to that "policy", a significant majority have not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • bro58
11 years 7 months ago #94118 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Only 63 on PIP - doom day - April 2013!
Gordon wrote:

Rina wrote:

Whilst it is perfectly possible that those who are 64 or 65 just before PIP comes in will be transferred first, you will have to forgive me if I find

"I seem to remember a directive"

not entirely convincing :)

I remember a variety of information coming out for the IB/IS/SDA transfer, that was quoted as being policy, we even relayed the information to the forum, however, 18 months into the process, it is quite clear that whilst the majority of claimants have been moved according to that "policy", a significant majority have not.

Gordon

Ageed Gordon,

I would always question information quoted without giving a valid authoritative link to the information.

I noticed that no other WRA/WRO's commented on the post.

bro58
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.