× Members

Help with Factors Bill, Building Insurance?

• alan
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97723 by alan
Hi

My gran passed away recently and left a house in a nice area, i am currently in receipt out SDA and DLA. As things stand i am with a housing association and my rent is paid, and so is all repairs and maintanence to property. My mum has offered me the chance to take my grans old flat on, the thing is there is a annual factor bill/building insurance for roughly £600. As i say if i take this house on i am aware i would need to cover all the repairs like if the boiler broke down etc, but i was wondering if i would get help to pay the factor bill? Especially as i would be coming of housing benefit, could anybody help?

Thanks

I would love to move into this flat
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97728 by

bro58 wrote:

alan wrote: Hi

My gran passed away recently and left a house in a nice area, i am currently in receipt out SDA and DLA. As things stand i am with a housing association and my rent is paid, and so is all repairs and maintanence to property. My mum has offered me the chance to take my grans old flat on, the thing is there is a annual factor bill/building insurance for roughly £600. As i say if i take this house on i am aware i would need to cover all the repairs like if the boiler broke down etc, but i was wondering if i would get help to pay the factor bill? Especially as i would be coming of housing benefit, could anybody help?

Thanks

I would love to move into this flat

Hi A,

Sorry to hear about your Gran passing away. :(

We do not advise on such issues with regards to rent, housing costs or HB.

You should get some face to face advice on this, taking into account that legislation is changing shortly with regards to the above.

You need to gain all the facts, before you can make an informed decision.

Please see : Where to get advice? , for potential sources, or try putting Welfare Rights/Advice into your Internet search engine with your town or postcode.

I believe you can also seek advice from turn2us, who have an online : Benefits Calculator and contact details from this link.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 2 months ago #97765 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Help with Factors Bill, Building Insurance?
[quote="alan
" post=97723]Hi

Thanks

I would love to move into this flat[/quote]

Ring the DWP's Benefits Enquiry Line on 0800 882200, they should be able to advise you on this.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: alan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.