× Members

New ESA Rules, Effective Yesterday (28.01.13).

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98165 by leed46
Hi Folks

I have received a letter from the DWP today advising me that I am to be assessed fOr ESA; that I can no longer claim Incapacity Benefit.
I note that in the Forum, there is a Moderator posting which highlights that new Descriptors come into effect from yesterday (Monday 28.01.13); that these descriptors define eligibilty for this new benefit.
I presume that as a new ESA case, I shall be subject to these new descriptors?
My question is this: If I download the guides from the members area, will these guides reflect the changes to ESA which came into force today, or should I wait until the end of the week to download them? I presume that the old guides are easy to distinguish from the newly revised guides?

Kind Regards
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98175 by Gordon

leed46 wrote: Hi Folks

I have received a letter from the DWP today advising me that I am to be assessed fOr ESA; that I can no longer claim Incapacity Benefit.
I note that in the Forum, there is a Moderator posting which highlights that new Descriptors come into effect from yesterday (Monday 28.01.13); that these descriptors define eligibilty for this new benefit.
I presume that as a new ESA case, I shall be subject to these new descriptors?
My question is this: If I download the guides from the members area, will these guides reflect the changes to ESA which came into force today, or should I wait until the end of the week to download them? I presume that the old guides are easy to distinguish from the newly revised guides?

Kind Regards

The guides have been updated to reflect the changes in the ESA Regulations, but not the ESA descriptors, the introduction of a new ESA50 has delayed this.

We expect to have fully updated guides by the end of the week, so if you can wait, then this would be best, however, the changes are precis'd in the following new article, so it should be possible, if you are careful, to use the existing guides.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2203-esa-...al-test-change-chaos

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leed46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.