× Members

IB to Wrag , Not really happy

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98438 by William1
IB to Wrag , Not really happy was created by William1
I have been on IB for 20 years and have just been put into the Wrag group on conversion to ESA. I got the letter today.
I have sent letter to JC plus today asking for copies of all the evidence used by the decision maker in reaching the decision which was 25th of January. Asked for ESA 85, ESA 113, any other evidence and for copy of scoresheet/ worksheets. basically I copied template from your guides.
Now if I appeal to get into support group, should I wait to get these replies from DWP ?
I am seeing my GP on Tuesday and will ask if he will support my appeal, anyway I was thinking of waiting for reply from DWP before I appeal and if date gets close to the month I will just sent off appeal anyway.
What be be the kind of timescale I would be looking at if I do appeal before I hear from DWP ? Thanks for any help/advice.

William
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98441 by
Replied by on topic IB to Wrag , Not really happy

William1 wrote: I have been on IB for 20 years and have just been put into the Wrag group on conversion to ESA. I got the letter today.
I have sent letter to JC plus today asking for copies of all the evidence used by the decision maker in reaching the decision which was 25th of January. Asked for ESA 85, ESA 113, any other evidence and for copy of scoresheet/ worksheets. basically I copied template from your guides.
Now if I appeal to get into support group, should I wait to get these replies from DWP ?
I am seeing my GP on Tuesday and will ask if he will support my appeal, anyway I was thinking of waiting for reply from DWP before I appeal and if date gets close to the month I will just sent off appeal anyway.
What be be the kind of timescale I would be looking at if I do appeal before I hear from DWP ? Thanks for any help/advice.

William

Hi W1,

You could prepare your GL24 Form, which can be downloaded from the link on this page :

How to submit an appeal

However, I would not advise you to miss the one month deadline to submit your appeal, if the documents that you have requested have not arrived.

You could make a statement on The GL24, saying that you are awaiting documents, and will provide further evidence when they arrive.

See also : Is there any risk to challenging a decision? from our :

Appeals FAQ’s

Ther is also an ESA Appeals Guide on this page : ESA Claims Guides

This may also be pertinent, if you are to receive CB ESA in The WRAG :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB) from our : ESA FAQ’s

See also : What will I be transferred to?

With respect to how long to hear your appeal, please remember that when your appeal is submitted you will first have an automatic reconsideration carried out by a different DWP DM.

Therefore, to increase your chances of being successful at this stage, you should provide any fresh evidence that you may have ASAP.

See : How long to hear an appeal?

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

More
11 years 2 months ago #98442 by William1
Replied by William1 on topic IB to Wrag , Not really happy
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Bro58

William

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.