× Members

IB to WRAG to Support Group

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98932 by FoxyLady2
IB to WRAG to Support Group was created by FoxyLady2
Thanks for all the help here - online help is so vital when its hard to talk to people.

I was moved from IB and placed in the WRAG without a medical - but appealed using the help here - I find it hard to talk to people so info here was vital.

I was surprised to hear that it was allowed since I didn't know of any extra evidence and it was not possible for me to attend so it was a paper hearing.

Means a lot since I am on contrib based ESA and it would have run out in a few months time.
so thanks for all your help
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #98934 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IB to WRAG to Support Group
That is good news, FL2, thank you for letting us know - and for your kind words about this site :) You can ask the tribunal service for a Statement of Reasons if you wish, that might be helpful when it comes to reassessment. However, you must be aware that (as asking for a Statement of Reasons is also the first step in trying to get this decision set aside) a copy would also be sent to DWP - so you might just be giving them the idea of looking for a error in law that they would not have found otherwise...

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: FoxyLady2

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98938 by FoxyLady2
Replied by FoxyLady2 on topic IB to WRAG to Support Group
Well the decision notice included the activity and descriptor from Schedule 3 which applied and why, so I guess that will do - could I ask for a statement of reasons at a later date? ie when I am reassessed or is there a time limit for this?

they recomended not to re-assess me for at least 12 months but I guess that is from the original decision date of May 2012.
(When I was put in the WRAG they said reassessment in 2 years)

so I guess the process will probably start again soon and I'll be back for more help
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 3 months ago #98939 by FoxyLady2
Replied by FoxyLady2 on topic IB to WRAG to Support Group
Sorry - read your link and realise that I have a month to ask for Statement of Reasons - I think it probably would be a good idea in spite of the slight risk to know their reasons
thanks

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98941 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB to WRAG to Support Group

FoxyLady2 wrote: Well the decision notice included the activity and descriptor from Schedule 3 which applied and why, so I guess that will do - could I ask for a statement of reasons at a later date? ie when I am reassessed or is there a time limit for this?

they recomended not to re-assess me for at least 12 months but I guess that is from the original decision date of May 2012.
(When I was put in the WRAG they said reassessment in 2 years)

so I guess the process will probably start again soon and I'll be back for more help

Hi FL2,

You only have one month to request a SOR, but you should be aware that if you request an SOR, a copy will also be sent to The DWP, see :

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

You are correct, in that the Tribunals recommendation of reassessment in 2 years, is just that, a recommendation, and has no standing in law.

You are also correct in that you will be classed as having been in The SG since May 2012.

It's still a victory though, well done !!!! :)

bro58

Mod Edit : Posts crossed.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris