× Members

DLA renewal, fill in form now or later and go via

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99473 by Bobajob
I got a letter along with form DLA1A Adult October 2011 telling me my DLA award will come to an end in June sometime, I was wondering if i should fill it in now and try to get my application taken into account under DLA rules or wait a while and try under the PIP plan or does it make no odds what so ever.

Bob
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99475 by slugsta
People currently in receipt of DLA are not yet being 'invited' to apply for PIP. Your DLA is a fixed length award and will end if you do not return the renewal forms. Of course, you could then apply for PIP if you chose.

All I can suggest is that you read everything you can about PIP and then make a decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99478 by bro58

Bobajob wrote: I got a letter along with form DLA1A Adult October 2011 telling me my DLA award will come to an end in June sometime, I was wondering if i should fill it in now and try to get my application taken into account under DLA rules or wait a while and try under the PIP plan or does it make no odds what so ever.

Bob

Hi B,

Another issue besides MHB's good advice that you may wish to consider, is that, if you manage to obtain an Indefinate award of DLA this time, you will not have to apply for PIP, until after October 2015.

Of course, all DLA recipients may be reviewed, (any time after 12 months of an award) under :

The Right Payment Programme

Here are three links to information regarding PIP :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#pip

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...id=10&id=85481#85481

Here are links to our information on DLA :

DLA FAQ’s

DLA Guides

As MHB rightly says, it is a decision that only you can make.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99508 by teresasue
I don't understand my log in name is bobajob but i DIDN'T ask this question at all???
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99512 by Gordon

Bobajob wrote: I don't understand my log in name is bobajob but i DIDN'T ask this question at all???

I have done a quick check and we appear to have three users with the same forum name, one "bobajob" and two "Bobajob". I will speak to the site owner to see if we can resolve the problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99513 by bro58

Bobajob wrote: I don't understand my log in name is bobajob but i DIDN'T ask this question at all???

Hi Baj,

If you are saying that you did not post the question at the start of the topic, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...id=10&id=97023#99473

then it would appear that we have two members with the same username.

If you wish to change yours, as the other member is offline, it is quite easily done by following the instructions in this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.