× Members

Unpleasant WCA

More
11 years 2 months ago #99936 by TCP
Unpleasant WCA was created by TCP
Hi

I had my WCA yesterday. I requested a recorded WCA and checked several times by telephone to see if it was going ahead. I got to the centre by taxi, with a relative for physical and moral support. I was told the wait would be 90 minutes. I was left for over 2 hours before I was eventually called, the excuse being a nurse cold not deal with me and I would have to be seen by a doctor. We had by then been left alone in the waiting area until the afternoon session commenced. I was in agony. I had my legs elevated on another chair and was crying in pain.

The doctor had some trouble with the tape recorder and called on 2 lots of people to try and get it to work. It appeared to be the only one they had and the connection was faulty. There were mutterings about getting the machine from Birmingham and re-booking etc..Eventually all was deemed to be OK and the assessment continued. The tape was turned off at the conclusion of the assessment and the tape duly passed over to me. On getting home, I discovered only one minute of the appointment had been recorded and the rest was just the sound of static. As you can imagine, I am fuming and upset.

I just wondered what the best plan of attack is? A complaint to ATOS, DWP and my MP?

All rather draining and on top of that it looks like it will be 17 months until I get the appeal hearing from my 2011 IB to ESA claim.

Thanks guys...everyone who reads the site (the good guys) and the fab moderators and site founders.

Cheers

TCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bearer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99940 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Unpleasant WCA
I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience, finding that the interview had not been recorded must have been the last straw! :angry:

You would need to complain to ATOS about this and I think many people in this position would also involve their MP

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TCP

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99943 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Unpleasant WCA
Thank you, MHB :)

I shall do this. I am in so much pain, but I am a fighter and I will do all I can.

Best wishes

TCP :evil:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100257 by TCP
I have written to Atos, the DWP and my MP and my MP is following this up for me. I have now found out that this is not a one-off, as I have had some dialogue with others who have also been handed blank or compromised tapes. This has put a completely different slant on things and bears some looking into.

TCP

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100260 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Unpleasant WCA

TCP wrote: I have written to Atos, the DWP and my MP and my MP is following this up for me. I have now found out that this is not a one-off, as I have had some dialogue with others who have also been handed blank or compromised tapes. This has put a completely different slant on things and bears some looking into.

TCP

It does indeed!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Fixed quote
The following user(s) said Thank You: TCP

More
11 years 1 month ago #101917 by TCP
I have now been placed in the Support Group after my WCA. I put in a complaint about the waiting time before I had the assessment and the mess up with the tape and my MP has received an apology letter, not me! It did explain fairly well what happened on the day and it said that I had severe functional disability.

I am STILL awaiting the appeal for the decision of October 2011, which put me in WRAG. It could still take a few months longer.

Thanks for everyone's help.

TCP

PS My advice is to keep fighting! :evil:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.