× Members

esa transfer

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100222 by cbrad
esa transfer was created by cbrad
had transfer letter dated 29/01/13, phone call on 06/02/13 and received new esa50 on 02/03/13 to be returned by 01/04/13(bank holiday)

i had already completed the on line version and have colleted 60 extra pages of medical evidence, my questions are

1) do i send in esa50 and medical evidence now or leave it untill closer to 01/04/13 and is it wise to send by recorded delivery.

2)is there still any need to send copy of esa50 to decision maker

3) if i am found fit for work and i need to appeal, if this decision is made after 29/04/13 will i then be subject to the new reconsideration process and wont receive the assessment rate untill a reconsideration decision is made even though my esa50 will be received before 29/04/13

4) i get ib cont. plus income support top up, if i get transfered will i get esa cont and will i also still recieve income support or esa income based top up.

i found the new guides very helpful and useful in completing esa50

my esa50 has to be sent to atos at birmingham, does anybody know how long that office is taking to make a decision.

thank you to all for any advice.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58. Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100227 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa transfer
Hi cbrad, well done for getting ahead of the game in relation to your migration to ESA. I am glad that you found the guides on this site helpful.

1) You can send in the form as soon as you like, as long as you are sure that you have everything ready. I would certainly advise making sure that your paperwork has been received safely ahead of the date - don't forget that 29:03 is also a bank holiday. You should at least get proof of postage but you might prefer to send it by recorded delivery.

2) It is up to you whether you want to send a copy to the Decision Maker too. We no longer advise this as strongly as we used to but many people like to do so.

3) You are right to say that we are expecting a change to the appeals route. However, the relevant legislation has not yet been passed so we will have to wait and see whether things change in the way we expect.

4) I would expect you to be transferred to Contributary ESA with an Income-related top up.

If you have any further questions, please come back and ask them on this thread. If you mark it as a favourite now, it will be easier to find in future.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrad

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #101087 by cbrad
Replied by cbrad on topic esa transfer
well spent the weekend checking esa50 and medical evidence and also cross referenced med ev and form with wrag/support group descriptors and kept copies of everything I sent. sent it by recorded delivery to atos in Birmingham.

what will happen now? will I get a phone call from atos/dm or medical appointment or decision letter in the dreaded brown envelope.

anybody know how long for decision to be made from receipt of esa50 in this area?

will keep you posted when I know anything and thanks to this site with the very helpful guides that I used a lot when completing esa50.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #101090 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa transfer

cbrad wrote: well spent the weekend checking esa50 and medical evidence and also cross referenced med ev and form with wrag/support group descriptors and kept copies of everything I sent. sent it by recorded delivery to atos in Birmingham.

what will happen now? will I get a phone call from atos/dm or medical appointment or decision letter in the dreaded brown envelope.

anybody know how long for decision to be made from receipt of esa50 in this area?

will keep you posted when I know anything and thanks to this site with the very helpful guides that I used a lot when completing esa50.

Hi cb,

We cannot give a definitive answer here.

Even if two claimants living next door to each other posted their ESA50's off to the same ATOS office on the same day, with the same deadline date, they could still suffer differing time periods until they receive any form of response.

We have heard from members where it has been a few weeks, and others where it has been several months.

See : How long until they make a decision? , from our : ESA FAQ’s

bro58

More
11 years 1 week ago #103979 by cbrad
Replied by cbrad on topic esa transfer
well finally had the dreaded brown letter today and it was good news :) after nearly 9 weeks of waiting since I sent in eas50 with lots of evidence I have been put in the support group for 2 years.

I cant stress enough the thanks to all the mods and owner of the site steve for the excellent guides that I followed in helping me complete the esa50.

also cant stress enough to other members who are still waiting to be transferred be prepared as much as you can and send in strong medical evidence, I sent in copies of my hospital reports and consultants letters but it did take me 2 months to get the reports so don't wait until the esa50 arrives as you will not have enough time to do this, also my new gp refused to write a letter of support.

again thanks to all I can now relax for a little while until pip transfer starts in oct 2015.

More
11 years 1 week ago #103981 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa transfer
That is great news cbrad, thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about this site :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrad

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris