× Members

when i move will i have to fill out a esa form?

• megsie84
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100455 by megsie84
Hi I'm due to be moving in a few weeks to london which is out of my current area and when you move to a new area the social security always used to give you a incapicty form to fill out ,and I was wandering if I will be given a esa form to fill out instead of the old incapacity form? I have already filled in my esa claim form in december, but I havent had a decision back yet . :S
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100460 by Gordon

megsie84 wrote: Hi I'm due to be moving in a few weeks to london which is out of my current area and when you move to a new area the social security always used to give you a incapicty form to fill out ,and I was wandering if I will be given a esa form to fill out instead of the old incapacity form? I have already filled in my esa claim form in december, but I havent had a decision back yet . :S

Under normal circumstances, I would think it unlikely that a re-assessment would be triggered by you moving to a new area, but as you are still awaiting the Decision from an existing assessment, the DWP cannot start a new one until three months have elasped, at the very least, from when a Decision is made on this one.

Good luck with the move

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: megsie84

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris