× Members

Just submitted renewal for DLA, feeling nervous

• squizzy
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #101724 by squizzy
Hi everyone

I am new here, joined the site when faced with the daunting task of filling in the DLA form again. I was awarded high rate mobility and no care last time for the duration of one year. My condition has worsened since my last application.

I am so desperate for this claim to go through and I really need to get an adapted car with hand controls so hoping that I will get sufficient award to go down the motability award. I am scared though about being turned down or having to do Medicals etc - so intimidating!

Does anyone know if I only get awarded a fixed term of a year again would that still be eligible for motability or does it have to be a 3 year one?

Also does anyone know how long renewal is likely to take or is this hugely variable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101726 by Gordon

squizzy wrote: Hi everyone

I am new here, joined the site when faced with the daunting task of filling in the DLA form again. I was awarded high rate mobility and no care last time for the duration of one year. My condition has worsened since my last application.

I am so desperate for this claim to go through and I really need to get an adapted car with hand controls so hoping that I will get sufficient award to go down the motability award. I am scared though about being turned down or having to do Medicals etc - so intimidating!

Does anyone know if I only get awarded a fixed term of a year again would that still be eligible for motability or does it have to be a 3 year one?

Also does anyone know how long renewal is likely to take or is this hugely variable?

The minimum DLA award is 12 months, which I believe Motability will accept, however, you would need to confirm this with Motability to be sure.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101728 by bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris