× Members

Assessment

• Nick Massey
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101798 by Nick Massey
Assessment was created by Nick Massey
I have a assessment for incapacity benefit allowance coming up, but have been given differing types of advice re: my DLA, a indefinite allowance, If I am deemed to be fit/able to work after the assessment will I also lose the DLA? Any advice would be very welcome
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #101806 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Assessment

Caergybi wrote: I have a assessment for incapacity benefit allowance coming up, but have been given differing types of advice re: my DLA, a indefinite allowance, If I am deemed to be fit/able to work after the assessment will I also lose the DLA? Any advice would be very welcome

Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Just in case your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it, to maintain some anonymity. This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Firstly, if you are currently in receipt of IB, you will be transferred over and assessed for ESA. The qualifying criteria for ESA, are stricter and much different than for IB.

I don't know whether you have received your ESA Conversion Notice letter yet, telling you that the "the benefit that you are receiving is changing" ? If you have you can expect to receive The ESA50 questionnaire within a matter of weeks.

There is a " Being transferred from incapacity benefit to employment and support allowance" Guide top link on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

Whilst on that page, you may wish to have a look at our ESA Claims Guides which should be used when filling in the ESA50 when it arrives.

If it turns out to be the "New ESA50 01/2013 you can download and use the PDF version from the link on this page :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

It may also help if you read :

The Transfer Process as well as our other : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

You will also find useful information in our :

ESA FAQ’s

If you have any further queries, please reply to this topic.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101809 by bro58
Hi,

With regards to your question on DLA.

We have heard from members where a "fit for work" ESA decision has had an adverse effect on an existing DLA award.

This does not generally occur with an ESA award of WRAG or SG. This adverse effect should only occur where information within any ATOS ESA Medical Report is contradictory to any mobility limitations and/or care needs that qualify a claimant for an existing DLA award.

bro58

• Nick Massey
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102989 by Nick Massey
Replied by Nick Massey on topic Assessment
I went to my IB assessment/medical taking all my relevant records with me, which I offered to the assessor only to be told he had all the information he needed and did not need to see the records. The assessment went along the lines described in the guides, the only strange item for me was the “medical” this involved examining my feet, and being told that there were no facilities to carry out a full examination. At the end I was told that he did not make the decision, and I would be informed of the outcome within 28 days. Is this type of medical normal?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #102993 by bro58

Caergybi wrote: I went to my IB assessment/medical taking all my relevant records with me, which I offered to the assessor only to be told he had all the information he needed and did not need to see the records. The assessment went along the lines described in the guides, the only strange item for me was the “medical” this involved examining my feet, and being told that there were no facilities to carry out a full examination. At the end I was told that he did not make the decision, and I would be informed of the outcome within 28 days. Is this type of medical normal?

Hi C,

As IB Assessments no longer take place, I will assume that you mean your ESA face to face assessment. :)

It is not that common for assessing ATOS HCP's to carry out any form of physical examination, although they can do.

The ESA face to face, is mainly a computer based Q and A session, where the HCP asks questions, and inputs the answers into a PC, which uses the LiMA software. Which in turn generates an ESA85 medical report which is then sent electronically to The ESA DM.

The DM will then make a decision on any award of ESA, taking into account The ESA85, and any other evidence that you or your G.P. may have provided.

The ATOS HCP is supposed to accept any evidence that you present to them, and they should read it.

bro58

bro58

• Nick Massey
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102994 by Nick Massey
Replied by Nick Massey on topic Assessment
Hi Bro,

The assessment went as you discribe, Q & A entered into a computer, but he was not interested in any of the medical reports I had taken, which where offered more that once!
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.