× Members

ESA Appeal Pending

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101901 by Spridgett
ESA Appeal Pending was created by Spridgett
Hello,

I am currently awaiting my appeal against a FTW decision, as a result of my migration from IB to ESA. My appeal was acknowledged by the DWP on 1st November, 2012, but I have heard nothing since, which I gather is not unusual. and I am currently receiving the Assessment Rate of ESA. I was thinking of contacting the DWP to ask about the status of my appeal but am wondering, if I do this, is it likely to expedite the appeal process? I am in two minds about this. The longer the process takes, in some ways the better, in that if my appeal is unsuccessful, I will at least receive the Assessment Rate of ESA for the longest time, up until the 365 day limit, or, if I were successful and placed in the WRAG, by the time the process comes to fruition, it would probably be beyond the 365 day limit and, therefore, I should not then be required to attend the JobCentre. However, I need to be making some important decisions in my life, which I am really unable to contemplate until I know the outcome of my ESA appeal. Do you know what would be likely to happen, if anything, if I were to make that call to the DWP? :unsure:

Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101907 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Appeal Pending
It is impossible to say. I phoned DWP 3 times while awaiting a reconsideration. The first 2 times I was told that these things are taken strictly in order and I would have to wait. The third time I was told that the process had taken much too long (nearly 6 months) so my case would be put in front of a decisonmaker and I would have a result very soon. In fact, a DM phoned my 2 days later and told me that I had been put into the Support Group.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago #101910 by Spridgett
Replied by Spridgett on topic ESA Appeal Pending
Thank you for your quick response to my enquiry. I guess it is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations. I guess I shall probably just have to wait it out. :unsure:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris