× Members

ESA Review Query

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102225 by Dalglish60
ESA Review Query was created by Dalglish60
Currently in the ESA Support Group after appeal won last Feb 2012. I received a second ESA form around January 3rd 2013 to complete and send back by 29th January 2013.

Had a review date for 26th Feb 2013.

Managed to complete the esa form with guidance from this B&W excellent forum. Also enclosed my Psychiatrist's medical report and a fit note from GP dated 29th January for initial 3 months as I assumed I needed to enclose such documents/certification when sending the esa forms back to ATOS/DWP.

It's now April 9th 2013 and in 20 days my GP note will expire and I have had no communication from ATOS/DWP. I cannot manage telephone communication with either of them.

Will I need to see my GP for a further fit note come the 29th April 2013? Also is there a current backlog of cases meaning reviews of esa applications are not being processed due to heavy workloads.

ngup67
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102231 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Review Query
Hi NGU,

In many areas there is a considerable backlog of cases and it is not unusual for it to be some months before the claimant hears anything else (it was 5 months in my own case).

How long until they make a decision?

ESA is an indefinite award so you will still be in the Support Group and receive payment until/unless a new decision changes this. As you are already classed as 'unfit for work' you do not need to submit 'fitnotes' from your GP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris