× Members

DLA reassessment form

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103622 by mumsgirl
DLA reassessment form was created by mumsgirl
My DLA is 'up' at the beginning of September. I received the form a week ago and I haven't filled it in yet as I find it so overwhelming. Wouldn't it be great if we could just write 'no change'! It's quite upsetting and I don't know where to start. It's just as well we have more that 4 weeks to fill it in! I was thinking of sending it back mid-July - do you think that is reasonable or is it too early or late? Also the last time I was awarded ESA was Sept 2011 and I think the ESA85 was pretty 'good' (for ESA). Should/could I send that as evidence for DLA? Or could it actually make matters worse? And it's out of date? I had a mental health support worker fill out my form last time but she has been taken off me due to reforms etc. CAB could maybe help but they don't do house visits and I can't go out.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: pixie01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103625 by
Replied by on topic DLA reassessment form

mumsgirl wrote: My DLA is 'up' at the beginning of September. I received the form a week ago and I haven't filled it in yet as I find it so overwhelming. Wouldn't it be great if we could just write 'no change'! It's quite upsetting and I don't know where to start. It's just as well we have more that 4 weeks to fill it in! I was thinking of sending it back mid-July - do you think that is reasonable or is it too early or late? Also the last time I was awarded ESA was Sept 2011 and I think the ESA85 was pretty 'good' (for ESA). Should/could I send that as evidence for DLA? Or could it actually make matters worse? And it's out of date? I had a mental health support worker fill out my form last time but she has been taken off me due to reforms etc. CAB could maybe help but they don't do house visits and I can't go out.

Hi mg,

Yes, wouldn't it be lovely if one could could just write "no change".

However, as you know, you should go into as much detail as if it was your first claim.

There is a link to a document entitled :

" DLA Changes and Renewals
Disability Living Allowance Renewal Claims"

Where this question is answered : "How quickly should I return the renewal form?" (Pages 4-5)

On this page, which may help with your query :

DLA Guides

Any evidence that will support your claim should be included. (Including a copy of an ESA85 Med Report)

As you will probable know, there are potential sources of support and advice here :

Where to get advice?

Failing that, you could try putting Welfare Rights/Advice with your Town/Postcode into your internet search engine.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #103626 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic DLA reassessment form
Thanks bro58. Again!!

11 years 2 weeks ago #103628 by
Replied by on topic DLA reassessment form

mumsgirl wrote: Thanks bro58. Again!!

No problem mg. :)

You may also find these documents helpful with your claim, to compliment our DLA Guides :

DM Guide AA & DLA :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch61.pdf

DR UK DLA & AA :

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f23.htm

bro58

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103630 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic DLA reassessment form
Sorry to bother you again. When I clicked on DLA renewal claims it came up all gobbledegook! It opened word and the said File Conversion, othe encoding and Chinese Simplified GB2312! Is it my computer? Does anyone know how to fix this as i'm usless with computers. Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #103632 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA reassessment form

mumsgirl wrote: Sorry to bother you again. When I clicked on DLA renewal claims it came up all gobbledegook! It opened word and the said File Conversion, othe encoding and Chinese Simplified GB2312! Is it my computer? Does anyone know how to fix this as i'm usless with computers. Thanks

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to open, so if the following does not work can you post the exact name of the document.

Most of our documents are stored in PDF format which should be opened in Acrobat Reader, so the first thing to check is whether you have this installed, if you have used any of our documents before then you should.

If you have not then you can download a copy from

get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Next, you should not be opening a PDF with Word, if you system is then the link between a document and the program to open it has been corrupted. Try the following

- locate the document on your computer
- right mouse click on the document, a pop-up menu should appear
- Select "Open with..." from the menu
- A new window should appear with a list of available programs in it.
- Left click on Adobe Acrobat Reader
- At the bottom of the window should be a tick box labelled "Always use this program to open files of this type", make sure it is ticked.
- Select OK.

The document should now open in Reader.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.