× Members

ESA50 01/13

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103900 by mumsgirl
ESA50 01/13 was created by mumsgirl
I have now received my ESA form! So I have that and DLA to fill in! I have decided to put the DLA to one side and concentrate on the ESA as that has to be in for 4th June. I had hoped I would have got another few weeks/months before receiving the ESA because I was put in support in Sept 2011 for 2 years, but no such luck! I've just had a quick scan through it and on q13, for example, it says 'Sometimes' and 'It Varies'. I don't think I can write 'Never' because I can do things, albeit, rarely. What is the difference between Sometimes and It Varies? Which one is nearer to Rarely? Or will I just not tick the boxes and explain?

Also, Part 3 is new to me. Is it a physical or mental problem or both?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103907 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 01/13

mumsgirl wrote: I have now received my ESA form! So I have that and DLA to fill in! I have decided to put the DLA to one side and concentrate on the ESA as that has to be in for 4th June. I had hoped I would have got another few weeks/months before receiving the ESA because I was put in support in Sept 2011 for 2 years, but no such luck! I've just had a quick scan through it and on q13, for example, it says 'Sometimes' and 'It Varies'. I don't think I can write 'Never' because I can do things, albeit, rarely. What is the difference between Sometimes and It Varies? Which one is nearer to Rarely? Or will I just not tick the boxes and explain?

Also, Part 3 is new to me. Is it a physical or mental problem or both?

Hi mg,

As you have received the "new" ESA50 01/2013, we now have new guides to use when filling this in.

You might want to consider : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

As a reminder, see also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You should refer to the relevant guide under the heading of :

"New ESA50 form"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

As with the old ESA50, you do not have to tick any of the boxes if you feel that they do not fit in with your own limitations.

You could simply make a comment such as non of the tick box options are applicable, please see information below/on extra page number xx, pertaining to my own limitations.

Make the ESA50 fit in with your limitations rather than you fitting in with it.

Section 3 is new, and covers both Mental Health and Physical Health limitations, as mentioned on page 20 of the "Employment & Support Allowance claims on Mental Health Grounds Guide" under the "New" ESA 50 heading that I have provided a link to.

bro58

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103910 by bro58
Hi mg,

There is nothing wrong with ticking it varies, if that is the case. Just make sure that you then provide details of how, when and why it varies, rather than just ticking a box and leaving it at that.

bro58

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103935 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic ESA50 01/13
Thanks again bro58 for all your help!

Can you tell me more about part 3 - is it for physical or mental or both?

Do they have a copy of your last form to compare the current one to?

Would there be any benefit (or problem) enclosing the last ESA85? and/or DLA award sheet?

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103940 by bro58

mumsgirl wrote: Thanks again bro58 for all your help!

Can you tell me more about part 3 - is it for physical or mental or both?

Do they have a copy of your last form to compare the current one to?

Would there be any benefit (or problem) enclosing the last ESA85? and/or DLA award sheet?

Come on mg :)

Section 3 covers both, as clarified in my last paragraph :

"Section 3 is new, and covers both Mental Health and Physical Health limitations, as mentioned on page 20 of the "Employment & Support Allowance claims on Mental Health Grounds Guide" under the "New" ESA 50 heading that I have provided a link to."

From information gleaned from various sources an ESA50 is viewed in a standalone capacity, in other words treat this one as if it was your first.

If you think that the ESA85 and/or The DLA award sheet supports the fact that you suffer from the limitations that would give you the correct award, by all means include copies as evidence.

bro58

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #103941 by bro58
Hi mg,

With regards to the ESA85, am I right in recalling that you were originally placed into the WRAG as a result of your face to face, and were then placed into The SG on appealing.

If so, you may wish to consider whether anything contained in The ESA85 was contradictory to you being placed into The SG once more.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.