× Members

Useful Supporting Documents for Tribunal Hearing

• userx
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107390 by userx
Hi

Can anyone suggest what are the best or most useful supporting documents to submit for a tribunal hearing?
eg
GP's letter,
on-going medical certificates,
previous employee's letter, etc

Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #107392 by Gordon

userx wrote: Hi

Can anyone suggest what are the best or most useful supporting documents to submit for a tribunal hearing?
eg
GP's letter,
on-going medical certificates,
previous employee's letter, etc

Thank you

You do not say what the appeal is for :)

It will obviously depend on what you included with your claim form and what is available for you to send that has not already been included.

The Tribunal can only look at our condition as it was at the time of the Decision being appealed, so you need to be careful that any new letters and reports make it clear that they are relevant to this date.

You can ask you GP for a letter or a report, but you should be aware that they do no not have to do this, and even if they do, they can charge.

You can ask any other medical professionals who you see if they will support you.

You can access your medical records.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Any reports need to directly address the criteria for the benefit you are appealing, so for ESA you need a report to refer to the ESA Descriptors and Regulations, for DLA they need to cover your Care and/or Mobility needs, for PIP it will be the PIP descriptors.

If we can help more, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• userx
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107398 by userx
I should have added it is for an ESA Tribunal

Long-term IB - ESA
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 10 months ago #107401 by bro58

userx wrote: I should have added it is for an ESA Tribunal

Long-term IB - ESA

Hi ux,

O.K., now we know that it is an ESA appeal. :)

Are you appealing a fit for work decision ? or are you appealing a WRAG award to gain entry to The Support Group ?

What date was the original decision that you are appealing, was it before 28/01/13 ?

bro58

• userx
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107407 by userx
Hi Bro58

I'm not entirely sure. I was on long-term incapacity benefit for +10years (apart from <1yr when I tried to get back to work but couldn't cope). Then after the last Atos medical early last year I was awarded 0 points even though my conditions have worsened. Since then I have been placed on contribution based ESA (Which is also now at an end).
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 10 months ago #107417 by bro58

userx wrote: Hi Bro58

I'm not entirely sure. I was on long-term incapacity benefit for +10years (apart from <1yr when I tried to get back to work but couldn't cope). Then after the last Atos medical early last year I was awarded 0 points even though my conditions have worsened. Since then I have been placed on contribution based ESA (Which is also now at an end).

Hi ux,

So it looks like you have appealed a (0 points) fit for work decision, as a result of an ATOS face to face early 2012, appealed this decision, supplied fit notes, and have been waiting for a Tribunal Hearing, which is now imminent.

You have been receiving assessment rate ESA which was CB ESA, and as you have been in receipt of this for more than 365 days, it has ceased.

Is that correct, or did you appeal the 0 points decision, and were then placed into The WRAG in receipt of CB ESA, at reconsideration by The DWP, and that has ceased due to the 365 days limit to payment ?

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.