× Members

DLA change of circumstances before October 2013

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109038 by Jonathan
Hi,

If you are in receipt of DLA and your mobility/care needs change, can you still inform the DWP of this without moving to PIP at this point in time?

I thought in order to inform them of your new needs, you sent a new DLA application form to them. Of course now they don't let you send new DLA application forms for adults. However, I saw on gov.uk that only changes of circumstances after October will trigger PIP.

If that is the case, how do you inform the DWP of a change in such needs now? Do you just write them a letter or is there a special form you can fill in?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #109044 by bro58

Jonathan wrote: Hi,

If you are in receipt of DLA and your mobility/care needs change, can you still inform the DWP of this without moving to PIP at this point in time?

I thought in order to inform them of your new needs, you sent a new DLA application form to them. Of course now they don't let you send new DLA application forms for adults. However, I saw on gov.uk that only changes of circumstances after October will trigger PIP.

If that is the case, how do you inform the DWP of a change in such needs now? Do you just write them a letter or is there a special form you can fill in?

Thanks

Hi J,

Any report of a Change of Circumstances (CofC) regarding your DLA awards that is made before 07/10/13 should be reassessed under DLA criteria, and not PIP.

See : www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/timetable-for-pip-replacing-dla-slides.pdf

You should report a CofC in writing to the DLA unit, include any supporting evidence that you may have.

There is a guide on reporting a CofC under the heading :

"DLA Changes and Renewals"

On this page :

DLA Guides

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris