× Members

IB to ESA - over 6 months ?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110064 by voila23
IB to ESA - over 6 months ? was created by voila23
hello,

My Wife completed and returned the form back at the beginning of March, I sent it by Special recorded Delivery and have a copy of the signature confirming that it was received by them.

However, it has gone over 6 months and we haven't heard anything at all.

I appreciate that all areas probably have different lengths in time in responding, just wondering is this unusual or common.

many thanks in advance
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110066 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA - over 6 months ?

viola23 wrote: hello,

My Wife completed and returned the form back at the beginning of March, I sent it by Special recorded Delivery and have a copy of the signature confirming that it was received by them.

However, it has gone over 6 months and we haven't heard anything at all.

I appreciate that all areas probably have different lengths in time in responding, just wondering is this unusual or common.

many thanks in advance

Whilst six months is becoming increasingly common, it is not an acceptable length of time, unfortunately there is no defined timescale for ATOS to complete their part of the process and little that you can do about a delay.

The first thing to do is to find out what is going on with your wife's claim, you can contact ATOS on the following

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: customer-relations @ atoshealthcare.com (remove the space around the @)

depending on their response you can consider making a complaint.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kotenok, voila23, Annie10

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110068 by Annie10
Replied by Annie10 on topic IB to ESA - over 6 months ?
I only knew that I had been awarded ESA support group when it showed on my bank account. I did not have a Work Capability Assessment. I have never received an award letter and had to telephone. The call centre operative told me I had been awarded it. Check the bank account and amount being paid in.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: kotenok, voila23

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110070 by
Replied by on topic IB to ESA - over 6 months ?

Annie10 wrote: I only knew that I had been awarded ESA support group when it showed on my bank account. I did not have a Work Capability Assessment. I have never received an award letter and had to telephone. The call centre operative told me I had been awarded it. Check the bank account and amount being paid in.

Yes A10,

We have heard of this before.

An indicator may be to check what reference is on your benefit payments into your bank account.

If it is still IB then there has been no decision made.

If it says ESA, then a decision has been made and you have been converted to ESA.

It is possible that this may of occurred without you being informed, and you may not be aware, as some successful migration claimants will receive exactly the same amount of money under Transitional Protection.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110072 by voila23
Replied by voila23 on topic IB to ESA - over 6 months ?
many thanks for the replies.

the payments on the bank statements still show as IB.

I mentioned to my Wife about phoning them up, but my wife is in such a state with worry about it all that she is terrified to actually contact them.

I think I will have to talk her through it and hopefully she may get up the courage to call them, but it will take a good few weeks for her to calm down enough to actually make the call!

heaven help the DLA and then PIP sagas that will no doubt be even more stress!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110074 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA - over 6 months ?

viola23 wrote: many thanks for the replies.

the payments on the bank statements still show as IB.

I mentioned to my Wife about phoning them up, but my wife is in such a state with worry about it all that she is terrified to actually contact them.

I think I will have to talk her through it and hopefully she may get up the courage to call them, but it will take a good few weeks for her to calm down enough to actually make the call!

heaven help the DLA and then PIP sagas that will no doubt be even more stress!

You may be able to make the call on her behalf providing she is there to confirm that it is OK and possibly to answer the security questions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kotenok, voila23, Colony

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.