× Members

Requesting a statement of reason

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113898 by gdh
Replied by gdh on topic Requesting a statement of reason
So I am now over 50 days since I sent in my SAR, I rang again yesterday, to be told again that they didn't know what a SAR was. After the same discussion I was told there is no record of it.... funny that it was in and envelope inside an envelope with my appeal, all signed for on 3rd October. I am not sure what to do next. Any suggestions please?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113902 by
Replied by on topic Requesting a statement of reason

samsmum wrote: So I am now over 50 days since I sent in my SAR, I rang again yesterday, to be told again that they didn't know what a SAR was. After the same discussion I was told there is no record of it.... funny that it was in and envelope inside an envelope with my appeal, all signed for on 3rd October. I am not sure what to do next. Any suggestions please?

Hi sm,

It is not uncommon for a SAR to "go missing",

I would reissue the SAR, in it's own envelope, you could include a covering letter stating that you have not received a response to your previous SAR, and that failure to comply to this one within the requisite 40 calendar days allowed will result in a complaint to The ICO.

Address the envelope to the Benefits Office dealing with your benefits, : FAO The Data Controller, and write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left of the envelope.

See :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

&

www.ico.org.uk/complaints/getting

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

More
10 years 5 months ago #113909 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Requesting a statement of reason
I would recommend special delivery which is the only way royal mail guarantees something will arrive and is tracked and signed for. Please also be aware there is a delay between post being received and logged on the DWP system as it basically goes at the bottom of a big pile.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115389 by gdh
Replied by gdh on topic Requesting a statement of reason
A very big thank you to you all,I received a letter on Xmas eve, 3 years in the support group, given after reconsideration. no appeal what a relief. I could not of done this without your help. Once again thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 months ago #115392 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Requesting a statement of reason

samsmum wrote: A very big thank you to you all,I received a letter on Xmas eve, 3 years in the support group, given after reconsideration. no appeal what a relief. I could not of done this without your help. Once again thank you.

Many congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdh

More
10 years 4 months ago #115393 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Requesting a statement of reason
That's great news, thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdh

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris