× Members

Advice on completing my ESA50 form.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111910 by Rikki
I would like some advice on completing my ESA50 form.

I am presently in the WRAG group with an adviser and having telephone interviews every 4-6 months. I have an appointment booked for the end of this month.

I have now received a ESA 50 form to fill in which I was not expecting my last medical was only fifteen months ago. Using the deciphers I scored highly last time.

I suffer with arthritis and polyarthraigia affecting hands, fingers, thumbs, hips and ankles. I have suffered with IBS for nearly three years now. It’s still unstable.

I want to try and avoid the stress of another medical and was looking for help to fill in the form. What to include or leave out. How to best word things.

Do I put in the additional information about my next telephone interview with an advisor?

I have also changed to a new Doctors Surgery and have only had a brief visit so not really discussed everything with them. They were happy for me to continue on my present medication.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 6 months ago #111915 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Advice on completing my ESA50 form.
I have deleted your duplicate post on this topic.

Please note all posts submitted have to be read and approved by a moderator before they appear in the forum, mainly for legal reasons.

I only deal with DLA and PIP, but I'm sure one of the other moderators experienced in ESA will answer your post as soon as possible.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rikki

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111919 by

Rikki wrote: I would like some advice on completing my ESA50 form.

I am presently in the WRAG group with an adviser and having telephone interviews every 4-6 months. I have an appointment booked for the end of this month.

I have now received a ESA 50 form to fill in which I was not expecting my last medical was only fifteen months ago. Using the deciphers I scored highly last time.

I suffer with arthritis and polyarthraigia affecting hands, fingers, thumbs, hips and ankles. I have suffered with IBS for nearly three years now. It’s still unstable.

I want to try and avoid the stress of another medical and was looking for help to fill in the form. What to include or leave out. How to best word things.

Do I put in the additional information about my next telephone interview with an advisor?

I have also changed to a new Doctors Surgery and have only had a brief visit so not really discussed everything with them. They were happy for me to continue on my present medication.

Hi R,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

All ESA recipients will be reassessed at regular intervals :

How often will I be reviewed

It would depend on the prognosis of your current WRAG award.

You should treat this new ESA50 as if it was your first, and do not work under the assumption that ATOS will have access to any of your previous history.

As you may be aware the ESA50 and some of the descriptors have changed since you last filled one in.

You might wish to consider :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides under the heading of "ESA Claims and Appeals - Current forms"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Remember, it is the limitations as a result of your medical conditions that may or may not qualify you under the relevant descriptors, moreover than the medical conditions themselves.

If your limitations have meant that your WFI's have had to be carried out over the phone, it may well be worth mentioning this, giving reasons.

If you do not know your new G.P. very well, and they are not very supportive, you can obtain copies of your G.P. records for a charge.

You could then use any relevant extracts as supporting evidence.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Please post to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

More
10 years 6 months ago #111961 by Rikki
Replied by Rikki on topic Advice on completing my ESA50 form.
Thank you.

If anything else comes to mind please let me know.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111997 by Rikki
Form completed with the help of your guide. I added the information about my WFI's being conducted by phone.

I just need to photocopy it now and then off to the Post Office to send it recorded delivery.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112002 by Rikki
Question.

Do ATOS have a copy of my last medical?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.